Senior Fullstack Engineer, Product Engineering at Kentik
Remote | International
Location: North America; 100% Remote
Kentik is the network observability company. Many of the world’s most recognizable brands rely on our SaaS platform to make sense of their networks, relying on our infinite granularity, automated insights, and insanely fast search to answer key business questions. Our rapidly growing, geographically distributed engineering team builds state-of-the-art products that are supported by a truly big data platform that processes trillions(!!) of records per day. To this end, our engineering culture emphasizes collaborative communication, openness to ideas, and practical solution design. To find out more, read our blog at kentik.com and follow us @kentikinc.
The true meaning of Kentik is visibility. We are committed to making sure everyone feels empowered to use their voice, has a sense of belonging and is represented at Kentik. We don’t look for individuals who fit the culture, but those who will continue to add to the culture. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry: people of color, LGBTQI+ community, women, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), veterans, people of any age or family status.
About the role
Kentik has a rapidly growing Product Engineering team. This team focuses on all of Kentik’s user-facing interfaces, both visual and programmatic. We aim to build simple, easy to use interfaces; but simple for users typically means engineered complexity under the hood.
Our platform ingests trillions of records and serves hundreds of thousands of queries for our users each day. You will gain experience building a production quality, high performance server-and-client SaaS application that handles uniquely high volumes of data.
We have built a team of world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders in a remote-friendly culture from day one. While prior experience in a remote environment is not required, we highly value strong collaboration and communication skills, as well as a high level of independence and autonomy.
Working hours in US time zones are strongly preferred.
What to expect
- A high degree of autonomy in developing state-of-the-art UIs
- Working with engineering leadership to enhance the design and architecture of our product offerings
- Participating in peer code review
- Working on high-visibility, challenging engineering problems
- Daily collaboration with your team, engineering leaders, and product managers
- Regular collaboration with other development teams and our technical operations group
You may be a good fit if you have
- Passion for pixel perfect, highly interactive user experiences
- The ability to efficiently debug and solve issues
- Experience with data analytics and data visualization
- Experience with production Node.js (express)
- A solid understanding of SQL syntax, especially with PostgreSQL and MySQL
Our tech stack
- Our core data engine and platform are primarily written in Go
- We use Node.js + Express for application serving, and React as our primary UI framework
- We also use some JS and Python for tooling/scripting
- In addition to our own database, we use Postgres, Kafka, Mysql, and Redis
- Internal and public APIs expose both rest/json and gRPC endpoints
- Haproxy, Envoy for API traffic routing and balancing
- Github for source control, PRs, issues
- Jenkins for automated builds
Healthcare and Leave*
- Medical, Dental, and Vision that is 100% covered for employees & dependents
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Maternity/Paternity leave, medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Stock OptionsFlexible time off
- Vanguard 401(k)
*Benefits are as listed for US employees. Local health insurance coverage and similar benefits are provided for employees outside of the US.
Perks and Reimbursement Programs
- $100 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Internet / Phone Reimbursement
Come work with us
We promise it will be worth it! You will be working at a fast-growing, well-funded startup, alongside world-class engineers and thought leaders as we build the future of network observability and digital operations. With a competitive salary and first-rate benefits on top of meaningful, challenging projects, we’re sure you will enjoy joining our team!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!