In the U.S. alone, over 30 million patients per year are prescribed care via paper and fax. The ordering process is long, complicated, and yields an 83% error rate. Discharges are delayed and patients spend extra time in care facilities.
At Parachute Health, we’re pioneering a modern approach to healthcare communication. We’ve built a platform where clinicians, insurance companies, and medical supply distributors coordinate care; empowering everyone to focus on getting patients the treatment they need, when they need it.
We are helping more than 30,000+ new patients monthly. Founded and launched in New York, we’ve grown across 30+ states and partnered with 4 of the top 10 ranked hospitals, 5 of the top 15 largest nursing facility chains, and 5 of the 10 largest home health agencies.
- Direct key technical decisions related to application and data model design.
- Work with product and design team to shape the application.
- Maintain stable and performant application stacks.
- Consistently deliver quality code that supports business goals.
- Develop in an agile environment, including TDD and optional pair programming.
- Minimum of 3 years working in a production environment, including some experience with Ruby On Rails specifically.
- Excellent understanding of data structures, algorithms, TDD, software engineering design patterns and principles.
- Hands on experience with traditional relational databases such as mysql or postgres.
Nice to have:
- Familiar with AWS services (EC2, ECS, S3, RDS, etc).
- Exposure to healthcare technologies.
- Experience with UX/UI design and/or product management.