Fullstack Development Engineer at Invitae
Title: Fullstack Development Engineer (Python, Node.js, React)
Location: Remote in US
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
- Build solutions using your strong background in distributed systems, and large-scale database systems
- Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews and project-related team meetings
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply it to solving product challenges.
- Improve performance and scalability of applications
- Full-stack development with Vue.js/Node.js/Express.js/Sails.js, with front-end work (JQuery, Backbone.js/Angular.js, CSS3, HTML5)
- RESTFUL API Development
- Maintain and enhance portals and web applications
- Analyzing and fixing current production issues
- Diagnose functional issues, report bugs, and take ownership of issue resolution
- Light work to improve, maintain and build microservices in Java
- Design, build, and unit test software in a collaborative environment
- Write clear, efficient, scalable, and maintainable code
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Participate regularly in an Agile team environment and schedule
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers, product managers, and other front-end developers to create user-friendly features and applications
- 3-4 years experience building successful products as a full-stack engineer
- Experienced knowledge of Node.js and Python
- Experience with cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with HTML best practices
- Experience with CSS processors
- Experience with Agile/ Scrum and Test Driven Development practices
- Experience with version control (Git, SVN)
- Experience with microservice development (Node.js, python)
- Experience with containerization and orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Experience developing image and text annotation tools
- Excellent understanding of full web development cycles
- Solid knowledge of responsive web design, JSON, third-party libraries, and APIs
- Back-end: Python + Django, NodeJS etc.
- Databases: SQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, etc.
- Design: UX (User Experience Design), UI (User Interface Design), IA
- (Information Architecture)
- React Experience
- Agile experience with a strong emphasis on rapid prototyping and rigorous A/B testing
- Experience working with clinical data
- Familiarity with Natural Language Processing and/or Computer Vision techniques
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.