Full Stack Web Engineer
SAN FRANCISCO OR REMOTE
Who We Are
Loom is a new kind of work communication tool that helps people get their messages across through instantly shareable videos. With Loom, you can capture your screen, record your front-facing camera, and narrate your video all at once no switching apps or upload required. Whether it’s training new teammates or replying to a customer inquiry, Loom enhances the way people communicate at work by allowing them to send the next best thing to being there. Loom is a horizontal tool and has unique challenges within the work communication landscape:
Loom is for colleagues and customers. Loom is a tool that anyone at work can benefit from, so we make product decisions with all types of people in mind. We build our product so that it remains clear, intuitive, and inclusive of all of our users’ needs.
Loom is video recording, simplified. Video is known to be more effective than text, yet so many video products make recording an intimidating and confusing experience. We constantly strive to make recording videos an accessible and effortless experience.
Loom provides a human touch. How do we build out an online communication platform that still feels personal? Loom allows people to bring their authentic selves to asynchronous communication. As we grow, we design for people to continue to bring every aspect of their bright, expressive, human selves with our product.
Loom’s engineering team strives for a happy balance of practicality and tenacity to achieve the smoothest product experience for our users to enjoy. We’re a passion-driven, collaborative team, guided by data and collaborative intuition. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will be build a product that helps increase Loom’s reach into different platforms and ecosystems and introduce new opportunities for revenue. You will build the base upon which the Loom platform will profit and thrive.
This is a full-time role.
The Stack – Quick Take
Loom’s infrastructure currently runs in the AWS ecosystem. We are using Docker, Node, React and Webpack. We have web application code that runs on our desktop application, Chrome extension and website. As a full-stack web engineer, you will be jumping into all layers of our codebase.
- You will improve the video creation and viewing experience (annotations, in-depth viewer analytics, custom video CTAs and workflows, video editing at lightning speeds, etc.).
- You will lay the train tracks for payment and upsell flows that will 10x our revenue flows.
- You will build platform features such as search, shared folders, and team accounts.
- You will protect our users by building state-of-the-art privacy features that don’t currently exist in other applications on the market (blurring sensitive information during a recording, etc.).
- You will work with our team to craft a stable and fast public API that, among other things, will allow for efficient video ingestion into our system.
- You will build integrations into third-party platforms and help lay the groundwork for a plug-and-play system for this type of work.
- You will contribute to a positive and empowering company culture.
You could be a good fit if you…
- Want to work with passionate, curious people that value transparency and asking for more of themselves and each other.
- Have a genuine appreciation for well-crafted engineering and product.
- Are comfortable in and work well with ambiguity.
- Are a perpetual learner.
- Have a creative and analytical approach to problem solvingwe love data.
- Are self-driven and autonomous, but work well collaboratively within and across teams.
- Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude, and are ready to embrace the weird.
- 3+ years of full-time, professional, fullstack engineering experience.
- Has created and owned product that has gone through multiple evolutions.
The Good Stuff
- Work with a driven, welcoming team at a company that is changing how people communicate every single day.
- Healthy lunches brought into the office.
- Unlimited PTO.