Full-Stack Software Engineer – select U.S. states at Humana
Full-Stack Software Engineer – Remote
San Diego, CA, Louisville, KY, Work at Home – Indiana, Work at Home – Illinois, Work at Home – Virginia, Work at Home – Texas, Work at Home – Georgia, Work at Home – Tennessee, Dallas, TX, Work at Home – Florida, Work at Home – Pennsylvania, Work at Home – California, Work at Home – Ohio, Work at Home – North Carolina, Work at Home – Massachusetts, Campbell, CA, Work at Home – Kentucky, Boston, MA
We are seeking a talented full-stack software engineer to join our development team. The ideal candidate for this position should have a good grasp of the full gamut of the software engineering lifecycle: requirement gathering, design proposals, implementation, testing and maintenance for the enhancement of both existing and new products & tools.
The position will involve a variety of complicated tasks, working under general direction. A wide degree of creativity and resourcefulness is expected. The right candidate should be a strong team player, enjoys coding for fun and demonstrating ideas.
Due to the nature of our organization, we work in a high-pace and extremely collaborative Agile environment, thus the ability to engage your peers to propose, express and challenge ideas is extremely important; we emphasize the creation and self-maintenance of our documentation, so clarity in the candidate’s ability to express ideas and concepts is required. Ability to collaborate with team members across different time zones.
- Participate in the development lifecycle with a focus on developing new features and functionalities for enterprise software solutions, encompassing service layers, integration, user interfaces and data
- Build highly scalable API’s that are being continuously deployed and updated through an automated CI/CD pipeline
- Help define and participate in software development processes that leverages best practice and supports continuous product delivery.
- Ensure code adheres to patterns and any established standards.
- Participate in regular peer design and code reviews.
- Conform to coding conventions and all aspects of the software development life cycle.
- Write, test, and refactor code that is reusable, testable, efficient, well architected, and well commented.
- Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team
- Collaborate with peers on designs, code reviews, and testing in agile environment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or relevant field) required.
- 2 or more years of experience using Groovy, Java, Scala or another JVM language
- Experience with RDBMS such as: Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, Oracle development
- Experience building web user interfaces
- Experience with web service development
- Experience in building APIs preferred
- Knowledge of Unit testing and Test-Driven Development
- Familiarity with source control repository such as GIT.
- Experience in leveraging subject matter experts and other available resources in order to solve complex problems
- Experience with Spring Boot.
- Experience with testing frameworks and code quality tools
- Experience with continuous integration environment and tools
- Familiar with Continuous Delivery
- Experience with Cloud tools, services and development (AWS and Azure)
- You will report to a Technology Manager or Technical Leader
Location: US – All locations including remote
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!