Full Stack Ruby on Rails Engineer
REMOTE · United States · Engineering
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage a fleet. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We’re looking for a Full Stack Rails Engineer to join our growing engineering team and help us build amazing features.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You’ll collaborate with our Senior Engineers, Product Managers, and Support team to implement features and help solve escalated support cases. About 80% of your day will be spent working on new features and 20% will be spent investigating and fixing bugs.
We work in weekly sprints and use Pivotal Tracker to keep things organized. While we keep meetings to a minimum, we’re heavily collaborative and take advantage of modern tools such as Slack, Google Drive, and Hangouts to stay in touch.
Our stack includes Ruby/Rails, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Postgres and Heroku. We’re currently on Rails 5 and strive to keep our frameworks and libraries up to date.
Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you actually read this.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work from our HQ in Birmingham, AL or REMOTELY. 50% of our Engineering Team works remotely and we strive to promote a strong remote working culture.
- Build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
We’re hardcore believers in easy-to-use software. Crafting a delightful user experience is hard work, but we welcome the challenge and are looking for team members who share our ambition.
We’re a startup that’s in “scale up” mode, meaning we’re past the days of just a couple of people in a small office, but we’re still very much a fast-paced, highly collaborative company.
We’re committed to fostering a tight-knit team through various collaboration tools. We place great value on work/life balance and abhor the stereotypical 100 hour/week startup life. We have families and know you do, too.
- 2+ years of Ruby/Rails experience
- 2+ years of experience in relational databases
- Knowledge of extension languages like HAML, SASS, CoffeeScript
- Understanding of the balance between scrappiness and long-term code maintainability
- Compelled to make things look beautiful and work flawlessly
- Level up if you know a thing or two about cars and engines
- 100% coverage of health and dental insurance
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO and 8 company holidays
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Mac laptop, book stipend and professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Remote working friendly
- Monthly catered lunches and office snacks
Fleetio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
This application is not intended to and does not create a contract or offer of employment. Employment with Fleetio is at will.