Full Stack Growth Engineer at NoRedInk
Title: Full Stack Growth Engineer
- Location: Remote
It has never been more important that students around the world have the tools and support to learn through digital instruction and that they be able to harness the power of the written word. NoRedInk now helps students in more than 60% of middle and high schools in the U.S. become better writers. Our adaptive curriculum deeply engages learners by personalizing exercises to their interests, guides them step-by-step through the writing process, and boosts their skills through differentiated practice. We’re relentlessly focused on our mission to unlock every writer’s potential and to create a future where all students can harness the power of the written word.
To further advance our mission, we are looking to find a talented full-stack engineer focused on user growth, who is excited to run data-driven experiments and prototype functionality changes as part of a collaborative team of engineers, product managers and designers focused on improving user experience for teachers and students who rely on NoRedInk every day to hone their language and writing skills.
- Work daily with our product team to rapidly prototype changes and to develop experiments (including as A/B tests) in service of building a teacher and student experience that helps NoRedInk grow.
- Participate in analysis of data and ideation of potential experiments to run.
- Gain professional experience with functional programming languages like Elm and Haskell, industry leading infrastructure technology such as Kubernetes and Docker, and performant build tools.
- Experience personal growth through a management relationship which prioritizes support, empathy, and clearly communicated expectations.
- Deliver metrics-driven, impactful solutions at scale, building on the foundations of software that handles billions of new records every year.
- You have 3+ years of professional experience as a software developer
- You’re excited about building focused data-driven experiments and short-lived prototypes within a large, actively developed code base serving millions of users
- You’re excited about working with Elm and Haskell (even if you don’t know one or either of them yet)
- You’re comfortable working with Ruby on Rails (even if you don’t know it yet)
- You’re comfortable with Linux or macOS and MySQL or PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable working remotely
NoRedInk offers a range of benefits to help you thrive in and out of the office, including flex PTO, a relaxed WFH policy, and paid parental leave. Our team members care deeply about our core values:
- Put teachers and students first
- Relentlessly improve
- Invest in and take care of each other
- Act with humility
- Delight in our work
We work to model and promote these daily, helping to foster an environment that’s fun, collaborative, and highly engaged. Check out our 2-minute pitch on NBC or read articles about us in The Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and Forbes.
NoRedInk is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
Note: Agencies or other third-party recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate resumes or their information to any NoRedInk employee, including a NoRedInk Recruiter, unless a contract is signed and you are given permission by the Talent Acquisition team to work on a job opening.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!