Full Stack Engineer at Financial Clinic
Full Stack Engineer
- United States
- Full time
Founded in 2005, Change Machine builds financial security for low-income communities through people-powered technology. Our products champion the aspirations of those most economically disadvantaged by oppression, as well as the expertise of financial coaches and customers, to transform how social service organizations and public agencies work with people to achieve their goals. Over 6,000 practitioners have used our platform to amplify their impact. Together, we are creating an equitable economy in which we all thrive. Learn more and join our community of practice at change-machine.org.
Change Machine is recruiting for a Full Stack Engineer to join our Product team. Our ideal candidate would be self-motivated and action-oriented, with experience in full stack development. The Full Stack Engineer will have two critical functions for Change Machine’s Product team.
Key Role Responsibilities
Full Stack Development
Salesforce Front End Development
- Develop expertise in our primary front end technology: Salesforce’s Lightning Web Components (a modern front-end framework similar to Vue.js)
- Maintain, update, and build front facing features designed by Product and UX/UI teams
- Inform elements of front-end visual design
Salesforce Back End Development
- Develop expertise in our primary back end technology: Salesforce’s Apex (a back end framework similar to Java)
- Maintain, update, and build back end connections to support data collection efforts
- Design data storage architecture for new features
- Maintain and expand API and database integrations (e.g., AWS, Twilio Messaging, IBM Watson/Cloud)
- Connect with new APIs such as Chatbots, Credit Reporting/Government Databases, etc.
Feature Design & Estimation
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams to design platform features and architecture decisions based on the product roadmap
- Assist the Senior Engineer with scoping and estimating development costs for features and projects
- Respond to peer review feedback on own code
- Provide reviews of team engineers’ code in a timely manner
- Document all relevant information via code comments, detailed pull requests, release notes, and updating our GitHub wiki
Support & Testing
- Write unit tests for all code put in the system
- Test features and fixes based on testing plans developed by the product team
- Support the product team in diagnosing and pushing hotfixes for issues that partners encounter in production
- Proficiency in object oriented programming and demonstrated experience in object oriented languages, preferably Java
- Understanding of responsive design principles and techniques
- Experience working with REST APIs (or similar technology) to read and write data
Nice to Have
- At least 2 years experience with full stack development
- Experience with Salesforce (esp. Native features such as Process Builders, Flows, Triggers, etc.) or any other CRM
- Experience developing with Salesforce Apex/LWC
- Familiarity with AI/Machine Learning technology
Change Machine offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- Salary range: $75,000 – $80,000
- Excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Commuter Benefits, FSA and more
- Ample paid time off: Four weeks of paid vacation accumulated during the year, plus 12 federal holidays
Remote working available.
While our operations are currently remote due to COVID-19, our home base is a beautifully designed open workspace at Industry City in Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
Change Machine is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!