Full Stack Engineer (Remote, USA)
- Durham, NC
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Research Square is the leader in ethical author-oriented solutions in the world of academic publishing and we help researchers succeed through our world-class technology-enabled services. We are home to American Journal Experts (AJE), which provides solutions that help researchers communicate their work so they can get back to making discoveries. Research Square is a dynamic company with a global reach, located in the West Village area of Durham, NC.
We are looking for a mid- to senior-level Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team. Our ideal candidate exhibits personal humility and strives to enable the success of his/her team in our collaborative work environment.
Responsibilities: As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be working on a variety of projects, including eCommerce web applications, API integrations, data analysis tools, and much more. You will be developing new functionality while applying best practices and optimizing the performance of our codebase.
Our development process is structured around a 2-week sprint cycle. You will work with stakeholders to gather requirements and turn feature requests into reality. You will have time to write unit tests, your code will be reviewed by peers, and it will be deployed to production on a weekly basis. The solutions you create will be used by researchers around the world. Additionally, you will have time to explore new ideas and address technical debt during the first two days of every sprint.
*Relocation is not required.
Skills & Requirements:
- 3+ years of PHP or OOP development
- 3+ years experience with relational databases
- Understanding of MVC design principles
- Experience with Git or other DVCS
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
(We are looking to fill this position immediately. As a result, we will only be able to consider candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer.)
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Zend Framework 3 and Doctrine
- Experience with React and Redux
- Experience with payment processing and invoicing systems
- Experience with API integrations (e.g. Zendesk, Zoho Books, MailChimp, Mandrill)
- Experience with Domain-Driven Design
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
Our Current Toolbox: PHP 7, Zend Framework 1 and 3, Doctrine ORM, React, Redux, Webpack, LESS/Sass, Jekyll, Go, Docker, MySQL, Redis, Amazon Web Services, CircleCI, GitHub, Airbrake
Who We Are
We are a rapidly growing company based in Durham, NC, and our 300+ full-time employees are committed to making a difference in the world of research discovery, communication, and publication. We take our work to improve the lives of researchers very seriously, and we also believe in having fun doing so! Our work environment is casual and extremely flexible. We have a results-focused workplace; many enjoy coming in to our open office environment, and those who choose to work from home attend any required meetings via chat rooms and videoconferencing.
Recent Company Awards
- Inc. 5000 (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Fast 50 (2013, 2014)
- Inc. Hire Power (2013)
- Build 100 (2013)
- Sloan Award for Workplace Flexibility (2011, 2012)
- When Work Works Award (2014, 2016, 2017)
- NC Parenting Magazine’s Family Friendly 50 (2013, 2014)
- Triangle Business Journal’s Best Places to Work (2017)