Full-Stack Developer at SAP
Virtual – USA
Are you a full-stack developer who is looking to make the move to enterprise web applications? Do you value long-term code maintainability? If so, the SAP Concur Travel Engineering team has an opportunity just for you.
As an industry leader, our cloud-based SaaS product is used by millions of people around the globe and we need to make their experience even more delightful and efficient. While some of our code base is old enough to vote, we are revitalizing it with cloud-first concepts and technologies including containerization in some areas, serverless architecture in others, and increased use of NoSql data stores.
We are travel engineering, tasked with the challenge of creating industry-leading travel products (Concur Travel, Concur TripLink, and Concur Request) designed to keep business travelers happy and productive while giving companies visibility and control when and where they need it.
In your first 12 months as a engineer on the Travel Engineering team, you will:
- Ship: The most important thing that our team can do for the company is to ship tools and services to our customers. Aside from adding direct value, it is also the ultimate validation of our research and development efforts.
- Learn: We move fast and are unafraid to venture into the unknown if it can improve our software or the way in which we deliver that software. As a result, we are constantly learning new technologies and new approaches.
- Lead: Everyone must be constantly learning and must be constantly teaching others on the team. This can come in the form of code reviews, one on one pairing sessions, group teaching sessions, and more. Everyone in our group has opportunities to lead us in adopting new technologies, evolving our processes, and innovating within our product.
- Fluency in one or more of these languages: golang, kotlin, java, or C#.
- An understanding of functional programming techniques as well as writing unit and integration tests should also be considered a normal part of writing code.
- Experience with Docker, Helm, Kubernetes, and a broad array of AWS primitives such as EC2, AMIs, EKS, Dynamo, Code Deploy, etc.
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity and a lack of fear for learning something new. You should be open to learn from others and willing to help mentor and teach.
- To pair well with other engineers in pair programming efforts, and to pair well with product owners to clarify requirements.
- Familiarity with common compliance frameworks that impact software development: FedRAMP, PCI, SOC1, SOC2, and more.
- Be comfortable owning cloud services end to end, leading implementation of new distributed systems, using AWS services and best practices such as zero-downtime production deployments, canaries, frequent deployments, and feature-flag-driven development.
What do you need to bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 5+ years of experience delivering successful full-stack web application projects.
- 2+ years experience implementing or maintaining solutions using AWS primitives.
- 2+ years of experience with golang, kotlin, java, or C#.