Full Stack Developer
At Serial Box we artfully blend together the best of series television and the convenience of ebooks and audiobooks to bring readers a new form of storytelling. We deliver thrilling episodes straight to the users digital device to be read or listened to anytime, anywhere, using own in-house developed content and licensed works from Marvel and other top-tier properties.
As a Full-Stack Developer, you’ll be critical to bringing this evolving digital experience to life. Working with our product team, you’ll be working in a collaborative environment. You’ll have a big impact on a growing company and really set the lead for our platform into the future. This position is particularly focused on the frontend and our web experience, but will naturally lead into backend and API work according to the task and the developer’s desire.
- Working on our API using Ruby on Rails and GraphQL to deliver capability to all platforms.
- Working side by side with the CTO to architect and build a revamped website.
- Working with product and design to creatively solve complex problems
- Prototyping and building clean and intuitive user interfaces through various iterations
- Ensuring implementations follow web standards, accessibility, and usability best practices
- Contributing to our code base and helping ensure that our coding standards and patterns are observed through code reviews and pair programming
- Refactoring as your inspiration sees fit, implementing changes, or developing processes that will improve everyones workflow
- You have three or more years experience in web development.
- You enjoy full stack development but are most excited about the frontend. Or you’re a frontend developer who doesn’t mind a little bit of work across the stack when necessary.
- You’re inspired by our drive to make wonderful narratives that fit into people’s everyday lives.
- You’re excited to mentor others in your strong skills and learn from others to build new capacities.
- You’ve got the vision and HTML/CSS/JS chops to do a large-scale refactoring of our website.
- You’re interested in user-centered design
- You have a passion for building fluid, usable, and accessible UIs, and making it easier for other engineers to do the same
Benefits: Serial Box offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, health, dental, vision, commuter benefits, health/wellness benefits, a professional development budget, and a generous vacation and sick policy.
Serial Box is a digital entertainment platform (audio and publishing) based in NYC.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Serial Box not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination