Frontend Software Engineer, Traveller Experiences (Freelance/Remote)
At TourRadar, we are a bunch of techy travel experts on a mission to enrich people’s lives through touring. We have built a marketplace platform that brings travellers together with a large number of global and local tour operators and we are committed to providing simple but awesome user experiences to them. By putting a bunch of cutting-edge technologies to good use, we are building an environment where engineers can grow and thrive while helping the company on its global mission.
We are looking for engineers who enjoy solving hard problems, who think on their feet and are obsessed with helping accomplish important missions while growing themselves in the process. At TourRadar, we take pride in building an environment of mutual trust and respect, where we have a ton of fun building a world-class tech platform.
As part of our Traveller Experience team, you’ll be focused on helping our travellers search, discover and book their perfect tour. In this role, we expect you to be comfortable developing high-quality frontend code, with great attention to detail. While our mobile app is built using React Native, most of our customer-facing web and mobile web experience does not leverage React (however, all our internal applications do).
- Work within a cross-functional team focused on making an impact across the entire traveller journey, with emphasis on the significantly improving our mobile web experience. You collaborate closely with both designers and backend engineers in bringing to life amazing costumer-facing experiences.
- Have the opportunity to help build and evolve our React Native-based mobile app.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Promote high-level frontend software development standards for TourRadar Engineering.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and promote usability best practices.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Good communication skills. We communicate all day long.
- A growth mindset, and a deep curiosity to learn and improve yourself constantly.
- A tendency to go above and beyond, always looking for ways to improve things around you. You thrive in fast-moving, sometimes ambiguous environments.
- Web development experience incl. HTML5 and CSS3 and a taste for beautiful UI
- Knowledge of modern Web APIs, responsive design and mobile first approach (incl. supporting IE11, iOS, Android etc.)
- Solid understanding of build systems and module bundling e.g. gulp, webpack
- Strong front-end testing skills (unit and end-to-end)
- Understanding of HTTP/2 protocol features
- Experience with SEO in consumer-facing websites
- Frontend: React, Redux, GraphQL, CSS-in-JS, Babel, Webpack, Typescript/ES6, Jest, Cypress, Netlify, Antd
- Backend: PHP (Symfony and Laravel as frameworks), Golang, Python and NodeJS/TypeScript lambda-functions, and Java (for E2E testing)
- Data Stores: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Redshift
- Containers: Docker
- Automation: Ansible, Terraform
- Deployment: Jenkins, BitBucket pipelines
- Hosting: AWS (EC2, ECS, IAM, S3, SQS, Redshift, Lambda, etc.)
This role is on a freelance full-time basis, and it can be either out of our Vienna office or remote. In case of remote, we accept applications from anywhere in the world, however the working hours would need to overlap with our Vienna office hours (9am-6pm CET).