Frontend Engineer at Hacker Noon
What we’re looking for
Hacker Noon is looking for a part-time Front End engineer with opportunity to join the team full time.
- We want our contributors to be independent thinkers who excel at choosing high impact projects (company wide impact is measured by time reading, words published, and revenue made) but we also want our contributors to be empathetic to our users and teammates, doing everything they can to level up our community. Here’s a bit more about our product making style.
- Familiarity with a sizable portion of our Tech Stack, including NextJS, SlateJS, Firebase, Vercel, SendGrid, Nginx, Algolia, Coil, Vue, ExpressJS, MomentJS, Node, NodeJS. Some important internal tools: Slack, Notion, GitHub, Trello, Google Docs.
- Collaborate with other engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code. We recently went through a code audit, and have a number of projects to improve page performance, load time and search engine index-ability.
- Brainstorm (sometimes, even prototype) features with rest of team based on your knowledge of the codebase
- And of course, there’s always bugs to fix, based on your personal experience or feedback from the team and the community.
Every single Hacker Noon team member started out as a part time contractor first, including the CEO. You will be assigned a part time project based on your skill, interest, and commitment level. After a mutually agreed upon trial period and compensation amount, there will be an evaluation between you and Hacker Noon to find the best fit: full time, part-time, or no time.
Hacker Noon is built for technologists to read, write, and publish. We are an open and international community of 15k+ contributing writers publishing stories and expertise for 3M+ curious and insightful monthly readers.
A few fun facts about work @ Hacker Noon:
- Lean: We have never had more than 20 people and aspire to always remain that way. Our ideal model is that of Craigslist, a company worth over $1 billion with just 50 employees
- Colorado, & the World Wide Web: Our HQ is in rural Colorado. Our people are worldwide.
- Distributed: We have been remote from day 1. We practically invented WFH
- Pandemic-proof: During Covid, most of our employees got a raise
- Challenging (in a good way): Since we are such a small team, every single member is an important contributor of the business. You will have the freedom to create your own initiatives and be your own boss
- Diverse: We are diverse, especially compared to industry standard (and by default so):
- 40% females
- 20% African, 40% Asian, and 40% white
- Fun: We value work-life balance, and encourage all employees to take a break ever so often. And oh, we also have an unlimited vacation policy
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!