At Surprise HR, we’re committed to hiring builders who are inspired by our team’s guiding principle: to derive a tremendous sense of purpose from the inner quest for excellence itself, being driven from within to make anything we touch be the best it can be.
Surprise HR is looking to upend employee engagement through impossibly-easy-to-use software. To make that happen we need engineers with industry-defining talent and an unrestrained drive to deliver flawless results. This role offers tremendous opportunities to build a highly scalable, highly stable, trivially maintainable front-end architecture; to push the boundaries of what makes for an unforgettable UX; and to integrate creative design solutions with brilliant programming.
As a Front End Engineer at Surprise HR, you will have the most significant impact on how our solution is leveraged and adopted by our end users. If you’re the kind of software developer who is maniacally focused on the user experience, fully committed to the idea that form and function are two sides of the same coin, and “I want to blow their minds” is the attitude you apply to your work then this position is for you.
Your typical day:
- Focusing on the user’s experience every…single…day
- Building light-weight, responsive, platform-agnostic UI
- Designing an easy-to-maintain, easy-to-extend front end infrastructure
- Researching and integrating the latest concepts and technologies in front-end development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, ideally with a concentration in UI/UX
- Ideally from a top-5 Computer Science Program (Berkeley, Stanford, MIT, Carnegie Mellon, Caltech)
- Experience with automated unit and user story testing
Nice to haves:
- Exposure to and experience with working the full-stack (Ruby, PostgreSQL, Heroku)
- Experience working within a geographically dispersed team
- Demonstrated ability to expertly manage conflicting priorities
- High-bandwidth, high-energy, competitive, and creative individual
- Driven to outperform; dedicated to self-improvement