New York, United States
- Do you enjoy reading and applying new concepts to constantly improve the quality of your code?
- Do you like working in a collaborative team in an agile way?
- Do you care about using TDD?
If your answers are yes! then this might be the perfect job for you!
We expect that the developer selected for this position will be able to:
- Deliver high-quality code while meeting and exceeding client expectations.
- Maintain, refactor and add to an existing code base.
- Lead a team to tackle new projects when needed.
- Conduct code review and pairing.
- Communicate clearly and often about the project to us.
- Keep expectations clear with the client.
- When working with more junior developers, support them and help them grow with clear, candid and respectful feedback.
- To assess the quality of code you deliver, please submit a link to your GitHub or a similar page where we can see your personal projects. We will be looking for clean, well-structured code, as well as automated tests.
- This position would most likely last for at least 6 months and would require a commitment to provide 40 hours a week (occasional vacations off with previous notice are fine) and generally working during NYC business hours (EST) from 9 to 6 (at least 4 hours need to overlap with your time zone to be able to do pairing sessions).
- A high English level is a must since we value strong communication skills and conduct all our work using this language.
This position is not open to agencies or consulting firms.
If you are living in Ecuador, please apply through our portal for any full-time employee positions that may be available. This position is not open to agencies.
Stack Builders is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or pregnancy.
Stack Builders is an Agile software consultancy based in New York with offices in Quito, Ecuador. We are dedicated to going above and beyond not only by offering great services for our clients, but also by pushing the software industry forward through the use of better tools and practices. We are passionate about providing clean and maintainable code that surpasses our client’s expectations. We work in a variety of languages; therefore, we value developers who are flexible about working with different stack configurations, that feel confident about tackling new challenges, and that aim toward excellence. If you’d like to work with passionate developers that value quality and best practices, this is the place for you! Some of the perks are:
- Strong learning culture
- Regular pairing sessions
- Challenging projects
- Opportunities for company-sponsored conference participation and technical talks
- Exceptionally talented and passionate coworkers