Front-End Web Developer at Spark451
Front-End Web Developer
We are looking for a flexible, collaborative, intermediate Front-End Web Developer who is able to work in a fast-paced environment and help us bring our designs to life on web and mobile platforms. The perfect candidate is a proficient coder on the cutting edge of technology, and can capture users’ attention in an efficient manner.
- Take visual designs and specifications and build them into complete, functional, responsive web solutions (most often in WordPress)
- Fix bugs and addressing issues as they arise.
- Communicate with designers and fellow developers
- Involvement in all phases of the website development cycle, from working closely on understanding requirements with project management to testing and deploying your projects.
- Use code to execute creative solutions that delight users and deliver results
- Understanding of responsive, mobile design
- Experience with building WordPress sites/themes/plugins
- Understanding of WordPress coding best practices
- Advanced Understanding of WordPress Custom Post Types and Advanced Custom Fields
- Advanced Understanding of the WordPress Core
- Experience with developing Gutenberg blocks is preferred
- Experience using front-end frameworks (Bootstrap, Bourbon/Neat)
- Able to adapt to our development workflow using source control, mainly Git
Additional Desired Skills
- Four-year computer science or related degree
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Knowledge of other CMS systems such as Drupal, and Craft
- Knowledge of the online marketing, advertising, and consumer social space
- Has used Grunt or Gulp to streamline development tasks
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks like Laravel
- Knowledge of web servers and site configuration
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!