Front End Engineer – React at Theorem.co
Experienced Frontend Engineer – React – Remote
ENGINEERING – FRONTEND – REACT
Theorem is looking for a motivated craftsperson to join our global team of 180+ professionals to support our growing distributed services business. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
Feeling a bit unsure about Theorem or how your skills meet the requirements of this role? Please apply anyway and share your thoughts in the application. At Theorem, we are focused on open communication and feedback. As a fully distributed organization, we believe that our diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger; we would love to hear your perspective too!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As Frontend Engineer you will work on Agile, cross-functional squads to scope, design and build scalable, performant and secure web applications. You will code, create, and review pull requests daily and engage the client to research and discover the “why” and propose and deliver optimal solutions.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a passionate technologist with the discipline to create and finish projects. You have opinions about your favorite open source projects, or perhaps you have contributed to some or started one of your own. You are a great communicator and are active in your development community. Whether you are raising the flag within an implementation or sharing your favorite playlist in Slack, you will not shy away from letting your voice be heard.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Write clean, efficient, performant and secure code to build web applications
- Provide input on app architecture
- Work with product designers and clients to clarify requirements
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work on a cross functional collaborative team
- Collaborate in a consultative environment
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- 5 + years of professional development experience
- 2 + years of development experience using React in production environments
- Experience with a variety of frontend frameworks & libraries, devops, and programming languages including but not limited to Redux, Thunk/Saga, Immutable, Docker, AWS, Glamorous, VueJS, Ruby, etc.
- Previous experience collaborating in a quality focused environment where testing and reviewing is a part of the everyday process
- Strong experience with semantic HTML and familiarity with web accessibility best practices
- Familiar with various approaches to styling – from plain CSS to CSS-in-JS, and methodologies for organizing CSS
- You are familiar and are comfortable using design tools such as Illustrator, Sketch, Zeplin, Figma, Principle, Framer or similar
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams is a must
- Previous experience working remotely is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous consulting experience is preferred
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Pacific Time Zone – UTC -8
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL WHEN
- You are able to hit the ground running within your area of expertise and are not afraid of challenges outside of it
- Thrive on collaborating with other team members and across disciplines
- You are happy to receive feedback and see it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- You are always learning – Whether you are learning to help your team and customer work through new concepts and technology
- You are astute, you know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- You are friendly – you reach out to your teammates even if they aren’t on your project team
- You can work through ambiguity – you aren’t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
- Entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial – always on the lookout for new opportunities to improve the company externally and internally
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2007, Theorem LLC (https://theorem.co) is a remote-first technology consulting company, fully distributed by design. We are privately-owned and committed to building a sustainable organization, at the company level, and for each of our team members.
Our services range from new product development, pure R & D, legacy modernization, pricing strategy development, revenue generation, process optimization, and organizational transformation and cultural design.
Customers come to us because they need to change to succeed and are looking for a solution that isn’t just about technology — but also people, process, and leadership. We consult, form a diverse team of experts, and deliver strategy and execution under one roof.
Current and past customers include some of the household names on the Fortune 200 list but also start-ups and non-commercial organizations.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
TEAM RETREAT – Once a year the entire Theorem team gets together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play.
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND – HAPPY TEAM – We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
HEALTHCARE & FINANCE – For US & UK based full time employees; we have comprehensive benefits.