Front-End Engineer II – AWS Mobile SDK
Job ID: 877073 | Amazon.com Services, Inc.
The AWS Mobile team is continuously innovating and expanding our mobile services to enable developers to quickly build, deploy, and manage native, web, and hybrid apps for iOS and Android. By leveraging our services, developers are able to easily deliver rich cloud-enabled experiences to their customers by integrating a broad range of AWS services into their apps including voice & chat capabilities, user engagement, analytics, push notifications, cloud storage, NoSQL databases, GraphQL, online/offline data synchronization and serverless business logic.
The AWS Mobile SDKs are currently being used by tens of thousands of developers and thousands of mobile apps. We need to grow in order to meet demand for our services and to build new features for our users. We have exciting new projects that will continue to simplify and speed the creation and management of cloud-enabled apps. This is a unique opportunity to join a team that is working to change the mobile industry; we are moving from a Mobile First to a Mobile Only world where we aim to enable millions of people to enrich their experience with everyday mobile experiences that become smarter over time, help them live a healthier lifestyle, and have meaningful and real time interactions with services providers, public services, and their workplaces.
You will be responsible for developing the SDKs (iOS, Android, React Native, Unity, and Xamarin) that help eliminate the friction and complexity of wiring up mobile app projects to AWS services. Our mission is to make it easy for Mobile App Developers to get up and running quickly using AWS services even if they are unfamiliar with them, so they can focus on building great innovative experiences for their customers.
We are looking for a senior developer who is passionate about creating software for other developers and has a strong track record of successfully delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, initiative, and strong communication skills are a must. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building scalable software products. This person thrives on delivering high quality technology solutions in an environment where priorities shift fast to meet the changing needs of our customers.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Work closely with the product team and other AWS teams to deliver on the team’s technical vision
- Influence technical strategy to build products developers will love
- Drive team discussions on system architecture and component design
- Lead development and launch of core features and products
- Participate in all stages of the software development cycle, including design and development of significant new architectural systems and improvements
- Participate in estimation and sprint planning
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis, object-oriented design, and design patterns
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Swift, Objective-C, or C++
- Working knowledge in at least one of the following platforms: iOS, Android, React Native, Unity, or Xamarin
- Experience programming applications backed by AWS services
- Experience building apps for iOS and/or Android
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Project execution skills including estimating and executing on committed schedules
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- US, Virtual Location
- Software Development Engineers