Front End Developer at Delta Defense
Title: Front End Developer
- Location: West Bend Wisconsin or Remote, US
- C: 0.3
- Category: Computer & IT
This position can be based from our West Bend, Wisconsin HQ, or remote for the right candidate.
Do you describe yourself as a passionate software engineer who is always willing to lend your knowledge and talent?
Do you love taking on big business challenges and utilizing software solutions to enable significance?
Do you believe in Agile Teams, and the power of working together towards common goals and shared fate?
If so, then consider joining Delta Defense’s IT Team responsible for enabling firearms instructors and ranges to teach how to save lives!
Delta Defense is looking for a fully remote Front End Developer to join our rapidly growing company, headquartered in West Bend, WI. We are the private company that provides Marketing, Operations and Customer Care for the the U.S. Concealed Carry Association. The U.S. Concealed Carry Association exists to help responsibly armed Americans avoid danger, save lives and keep their families safe. The USCCA is one of the fastest-growing membership associations in the nation.
Delta Defense, LLC, is one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
Inc. 5000 company NINE years in a row!
Journal Sentinel Top Workplace -5 years in a row
Milwaukee Business Journal Top Workplace 5 years in a row
We are a fun, fast-paced and rewarding place to work and grow!
We hire rockstars, and help them rock even harder!
The primary role of a Front End Developer is to create innovative web solutions in a rewarding work environment passionate about learning and delivering great software products to our customers, focusing primarily on the front end technologies involved. In practice, this generally means: the part of the web that the end-user actually sees and experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in ongoing discussions around new technologies and front-end architecture, recommending system changes and enhancements as appropriate.
- Test functionality of websites in popular browsers and mobile devices for quality assurance (iOS and Android), including using emulators as appropriate.
- Learn new and emerging technologies while expressing a growth mindset and participating in professional development.
- Collaborate on peer reviews with other developers to ensure functionality and good coding practices before release.
- Provide feedback and guidance regarding technical issues to other members of the Delta team as appropriate, such as product management, customer engagement and business development.
- Participate in Scrum agile development process, including being active in ceremonies (standups, sprint reviews, etc.) and suggest improvements to team processes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including product owners, technology leadership, UI/UX designers, marketing teams and back end developers to accomplish company goals.
- When necessary, document code and workflows (in-code comments, internal wikis and documents, flowcharts, etc.).
Skills, Abilities, and Education Requirements:
- Proven production experience with at least one front-end development framework. While React is what we use, we will consider candidates with experience in other modern frameworks such as Vue and Angular.
- Well-versed in HTML5 and CSS3 for responsive design, including using frameworks when needed.
- Improve development workflow via custom tasks using tools such as Gulp and Webpack.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues.
- An interest and understanding of internal business and marketing strategies and how technology solutions address the needs of the business.
- Able to explain how and why technology tools work and are used, not just how to implement them.
- Knowledge of when to use and when not to use libraries and frameworks, and tradeoffs of using and not using vanilla code.
- Working knowledge of web performance analysis and optimization.
- Working knowledge of WordPress and/or CMS-assisted development.
- Working knowledge of HTML accessibility standards and auditing.
- Working knowledge of Git version control and collaborative version control platforms (we use Github).
- Introductory knowledge of static-compiled web applications and hosting platforms for them, such as Netlify and Firebase.
- Introductory knowledge of back-end development concepts, including RESTful API implementation with front-end AJAX consumption and MVC frameworks (PHP, Laravel).
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience
- Adaptability (everything from being able to learn new libraries/frameworks to pivoting on a project due to changing priorities)
- Contagious positivity
- Makes their peers better
- Strong independent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to meet rapid deadlines
- Cool under pressure
- Time management and reliability (able to accurately predict turnaround time on projects and deliver on those timelines)
- Proactive in increasing the quality of our codebases
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!