WeaveUp is seeking an experienced Front-End Developer to build elegant, scalable code for our consumer website and SaaS platform. This position will maintain and enhance the existing WeaveUp website and its embedded single-page applications, as well as create custom client applications with our team.
Our cutting-edge cloud-based software applications bring innovation to the textile and design industries. As an industry leader, we empower companies to maximize the potential of the digital printing revolution. Our team works with top tier clients in various verticals, including apparel, interior design, and major retail. WeaveUp runs on a Ruby on Rails back-end API that is consumed by a web interface and connected to digital printing facilities. Our unique end-to-end digital textile platform includes proprietary modules that support image upload, automatic color separation, in-browser image customization, and print room automation.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Use an array of front-end technologies to deliver a world-class customer experience
- Integrate our front-end interfaces with our back-end Ruby on Rails API
- Write clean and intuitive interface with reliable and scalable code
- Design and code with the user in mind, prototype interface solutions and run user tests
- Roll up their sleeves and collaborate with the team to plan and develop new features
Bonus points if you have:
- An awesome attitude, the ability to pivot quickly, and do the hard work to help the team meet their goals of creating a great customer experience
- WebGL and image processing experience
- A desire to be a part of an Agile team – adapting to change and continuously learning
- Passion for usability – we care about building brand identity in many ways – including small interactions on the site
- Some experience with WordPress
- Exposure to or experience with UX/UI design
- You’ll get to work on a product with demonstrated value for customers, and take it to the next level.
- We have a culture that values productivity, accountability, and communication over politics and process where you are encouraged to think outside of the box.
- We have worked hard to build and maintain a tight-knit, supportive team where everyone feels comfortable and included.
- Our management team is committed to supporting each individual, fostering talent, and allowing room for growth.
- Flexible vacation policy that allows you to take time off when you need it.
We are building a team in Durham, NC as well as a distributed team. You can work from anywhere in the US for this role. We offer competitive pay, solid benefits, and equity.