(Remote) Front End Developer – Vue.js & AngularJS
- Sydney, AU – Remote OK
We are a leading FinTech Startup in Australia, providing a forward-thinking and creative way for customers to find their ideal Home Loan, save money and improve their financial health.
We work with banks, mortgage brokers and corporates to build a fair and transparent marketplace, making the process of finding and choosing a home loan easy for everyone, regardless of their knowledge or experience. It’s about time borrowers had someone on their side!
Our team, although still small, has recently doubled in size and we are now looking for an expert Frontend Developer to join us working remotely from any timezone that can overlap with our Australian team. It will be your responsibility to help shape how we address the challenges of modern web and mobile platforms.
If you’re looking for the challenges and opportunities of a startup that’s also an outstanding place to work, read on.
HOW WE WORK
We have a distributed team with a head office in Sydney/Australia and another office in Lisbon/Portugal with a diverse team from around the world (Australia, Sri Lanka, Brazil, Portugal, India and China) and seek to be a remote-first company. This means that we favour asynchronous/written communication, have regular Zoom video calls with the whole team and spend our days collaborating in Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket and Slack. We are big believers in OKRs to have well-defined goals for the company, teams and individual team members which are shared and visible across the company.
We believe in mutually beneficial relationships with our team and are looking for people who are driven to continuously transform themselves and our company.
In this role you will be working most closely with the Australian team so you can work from anywhere as long as you have at least half a workday (4hrs) overlap with Sydney’s timezone (UTC +10/+11)and a good internet connection for our videoconferences.
- Meet with team members across disciplines to capture requirements
- Work closely with the product owner to build interactive, large-scale SPAs using Vue.js & AngularJS
- You will implement modular designs, improve style guides and add web components for a design framework and integrate them back into client-side projects
- Support and work directly with the Design, QA, Back-End and Front-End teams
- Perform code reviews, implementing unit tests and integration tests
- Fluent in English
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and remote team, focused on creating meaningful impact
- Dedicated with a “get things done” mindset
- Strong written and communication skills and a willingness to actively collaborate with other remote team members
- Be able to give and receive candid feedback
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Build maintainable projects with good documentation
- You have experience iterating on products from end-to-end
- Be familiar with all stages of web application from design, development, implementation and testing
- Experience in the latest front-end trends (ES6, HTML5, CSS3, CSS preprocessors) development
- Experience with Node, Gulp, Webpack
- Unit testing and code documentation practices
- Experience of common software engineering practices (git, dependency management, npm, versioning and CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding the full-stack architecture, including front-end integration with back-end APIs
- Technical writing such as technical blog posts
- GitHub (including personal projects) & Portfolio with a description of your role in the project and tasks involved
- * As long as you can overlap for around 4 hours between 08:30 17:00h Australian time (AEST/AEDT – UTC +10/+11), you can work from anywhere in the world with a good internet connection.