Front End Architect at Healthvana
Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
For most of us, healthcare sucks. Healthvana makes navigating our health better by empowering the patient with their own health information. We created a patient platform for healthcare providers to manage and communicate with their populations. Healthvana excels at engaging patients in their health and helping them take whatever next step towards better health – all via your mobile phone.
Since 2015, our technology has been used in the fight to help end HIV, and since April of 2020, to end COVID-19. Healthvana is the nation’s leading patient platform for both HIV and COVID-19 – having helped tens-of-millions of patients achieve better health outcomes, while reducing cost for healthcare providers.
Healthvana is looking to add a Front End Architect to our Platform team. Reporting to the Senior Software Engineering Manager, you will play a key role in crafting thoughtful experiences for our end users, as well as guiding our engineering team toward consistent, well-documented solutions. To be successful in this role, you will view every day as an opportunity to better the codebase, the platform, and the day-to-day experience of your fellow developers.
Most importantly, you’ll contribute to healthcare technology that directly improves the health of millions of people with a group of impassioned individuals who deeply care about improving the lives of others.
- Collaborating closely with Product, Bizdev and Project Management teams to create detailed, actionable technical requirements for new products and feature enhancements
- Explaining and clarifying your software design choices with other members of the Architecture team
- Cultivating a deep understanding of the Healthvana platform personally, then documenting and sharing it with others
- Robust experience working with APIs and asynchronous JS
- Deep knowledge of at least one modern JS framework (Vue, React, etc)
- Holistic product thinking and familiarity with user centered design principles
- Able to communicate clearly and compassionately, and successful at remote collaboration and mentorship
- A sense of curiosity, a love of learning, and a track record of continuous improvement
- Are comfortable with medical discussions related to health, including COVID as well as sexual health
- Have a passion for making a meaningful impact on the health of our users, including those in underserved populations
- Are willing and legally able to work in the United States (sorry, no visa sponsorship or international applicants at this time)
- Are able to work weekdays during our core business hours of 9am – 3pm Pacific Time
- Familiarity with our stack (React, NextJS, Django, Python, PostGRES)
- Experience in healthcare, and understand the industry’s challenges for both patients and providers, and where those challenges intersect (and where they don’t)
- Experience writing APIs to be consumed by the client, deep knowledge of REST
- Worked with PHI in a HIPAA-compliant environment
$140 – 170k, depending on experience
Our Interview Process
We’ve worked hard to make sure our interview process mirrors real work that you’d be doing at Healthvana day-to-day. We’d hate to waste your time or ours, so we try to keep our process as quick and as thoughtful as possible. Here’s an outline of what to expect.
Step 1: Chat with our Recruiting Coordinator via Google Meet – 15 – 20 minutes
Step 2: Take Home Exercise – should take no more than 2 hours
Step 3: Review your Take Home Exercise / Q&A time with Senior members of the Engineering team – About an hour
Step 4: Chat with our Senior Software Engineering Manager & CEO – About 30 mins each
Step 5: Reference check (one previous manager, one coworker) – Takes us up to a week to complete
Step 6: Offer time!
Perks of working at Healthvana
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Remote work
- Yearly office equipment stipend
- Career Development resources / budget for conferences, classes, etc
- Flexible hours as needed
Healthvana is not just a technology company, we’re a passionate group of people who care deeply about helping patients make better decisions about their health.
Our extensive experience in healthcare—having delivered millions of test results to patients across the U.S. since launching in 2015—has helped us hone our technological and security expertise to an uncompromising degree. But more importantly, serving over 300,000 HIV positive and at-risk patients has strengthened our resolve to improve the healthcare experience for everyone, especially those in vulnerable and underserved populations.
In April of 2020, Healthvana began delivering COVID-19 results. We have partnered with municipalities, labs, test manufacturers, and employers across the country to deliver millions of test results, report digital vaccination records (1st in the country!), and aid in digital contact tracing.
Healthvana is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
Location: US Locations Only