Love coordinating and creating dynamic editorial content? We’re looking for you!
The Cheat Sheet is dedicated to providing audiences the information they want in an approachable, entertaining way. We want readers to save time and live more, so we closely follow, research, and write about trending and popular topics to bring you the most up-to-date Entertainment news, gossip, and behind-the-scenes peek into the lives of your favorite celebrities and Hollywood characters.
The Cheat Sheet is looking for a full-time Freelance Coordinator to organize and execute our production that happens outside of our editorial team. This role reports to the Freelance Editorial Director and is responsible for executing on the freelance team’s mission and goals. This person needs to be ambitious, flexible, and eager to learn and grow as a vital part of our editorial team at The Cheat Sheet.
As a Cheat Sheet Freelance Coordinator you will:
- Report to the Freelance Editorial Director and be an active participant in a complex and dynamic editorial process.
- Be part of a team that’s responsible for a PV target goal that a group of freelancers will provide with their work.
- Create at least 5 interesting and unique headlines daily.
- Provide feedback to freelancers on their work for adhering to Cheat Sheet style and best practices. Execute on the freelance team’s goals for publishing a set amount of articles per week.
- Study and internalize the best practices for interacting with freelancers to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Participate in evaluating the ongoing success of freelancer work from all aspects, including programmed headlines, overall PVs, and audience engagement.
- Take ownership of the daily workflow for publishing freelancer work as assigned by the Freelance Editorial Director: Reviewing pitches using our in-house tools, formatting completed works in WordPress, adding media, and lightly editing work as necessary.
- Serve as a gatekeeper for publishing all freelance work, which to start will be 15 articles/day.
What makes The Cheat Sheet great?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 25 million monthly readers.
- We are a tightly knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be an expert in the field. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, rapidly growing company and we want you to grow with us. At The Cheat Sheet, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can live wherever you want and work with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k contributions.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with editing written content providing feedback to writers about their work.
- Experience with content management and content planning.
- An understanding of the digital media business and industry.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other content analytics tools, particularly to make data-based decisions about which content and writers are effective.
- Familiarity with AP style.
- Strong research skills.
- A background in and passion for content creation and editing.
- Familiarity with WordPress or another CMS.
- A desire to learn about SEO.
- The ability to work closely with a team of remote employees.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to the varying and ever-changing demands of the job.
Interested in applying for this role? Please complete the application form here.