Freelance Copywriter at Yoga Well Institute
ARE YOU THE COPYWRITER WE’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR?
Thank you for your interest in working as a freelance Copywriter for the Yoga Well Institute.
We ask that you please read the job description below carefully and consider whether this position truly fits you.
If after reading through the job description you determine that this feels like a fit for you please follow the instructions below about How to Apply. Thanks again for being interested in joining our team!
The Yoga Well Institute has developed a diverse set of activities in Yoga focused primarily on Yoga as a lifestyle and the philosophy of Yoga. Our offerings are primarily online classes but also include multiyear in-person trainings, private one-to-one sessions and weekend seminars. We are continuing an age old lineage and our students have created a rich and important community that we are committed to growing.
We are a tight knit virtual team with a shared commitment to making the world a better place while keeping our team dynamics productive, full of joy and ease. Our freelancers are given the opportunity to participate as much or as little in our team dynamics as they wish.
You enjoy expressing ideas through the written word. Having studied yoga yourself you are familiar with it’s transformative powers, ideally you have even studied Viniyoga in particular. You have experience either ghost writing or embodying another’s voice, you also enjoy co-authoring pieces, editing and interviewing experts.
As a word nerd and grammar junkie you focus on consistent quality. You’ve been freelancing as a writer for some time now and have experience incorporating SEO practices and marketing concepts into your projects. Your experience in the wellness or spiritual fields, or better yet with Yoga Teachers, Spiritual Leaders or Transformation Coaches, will set you up for success in writing for us.
You value relationships and transformational spiritual work. You desire to see the world become a better place through individuals becoming more authentic versions of themselves. communication. You have a daily, spiritual practice and a commitment to helping others, consider integrity to be of the utmost importance, and value honesty and direct communication.
While it’s not a requirement that you reside in the US, you must communicate in native speaker level written and spoken English and be available as needed during US working hours.
About the Job
The Copywriter will work directly with our Business Director who will ensure efficient workflow and be the primary point of contact. They will also work closely with our marketing team to understand the upcoming assignments and with our owner to ensure quality content.
We are open to a variety of arrangements depending on your expertise including:
- Writing in our brand voice
- Writing in our owner’s voice
- Co-authoring with our owner
- Writing in your own voice about our products and classes
- Editing and SEO maximization of pre-written articles
While someone with a background in Viniyoga, or Yoga in general is ideal it is not a requirement to work with us. However you must be able to provide writing samples that demonstrate your ability to embody the message or voice of another brand in the wellness or spirituality fields.
- Excellent at asking leading questions to entice full and varied answers
- Experience working with and writing for Yoga, Wellness or Spiritual professionals
- Comfortable using GSuite and it’s editing and commenting functionality
- Willingness to use our task management tool, Asana
- Must sign an NDA and Will Not Compete agreement
- Openness to join video chat meetings as needed
- Familiarity with marketing tools and concepts including SEO, funnels and ads
- Set up to track your own work units and invoice regularly
We currently pay $50-$150 per article depending on length, quality and volume of editing required before publication.
We will start off with a small project to determine fit, if a continued relationship is appropriate we are open to a variety of financial arrangements including hourly rate, monthly retainer and more.
As a freelance contractor you’re free to set your own hours so long as you consistently meet deadlines and are available as needed (monthly, perhaps weekly depending on the project) during US daytime hours for meetings.
We expect all employees to provide their own laptop, webcam, stable internet and phone line.
The team at Yoga Well Institute is committed to honoring diversity on our team and within our clientele. We respect all types of diversity including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion and abilities. We want to live in a world that recognizes the inherent strengths that come from different viewpoints, backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
How to Apply:
Please follow these instructions carefully.
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Use the email subject of Copywriter Submission
- Include in the body of the email:
- Your cover letter
- A link to your portfolio, writing samples or website containing these items
- Attach to the email 2 PDF or Word files:
- Your resume
- The supplemental questions below and your answers
- Please do not attach a variety of writing samples, rather provide links to them in the body of your email.
- File names of attachments should include your first and last name
- Write a +/- 500 word article based on this video.
- Include your article as a 3rd file attachment to your email, being sure that your full name is in the name of the file.
Note, this bonus is an opportunity for those without a strong portfolio or samples to demonstrate their skills. This is not a trick to get free writing, any submissions to us will never be published without the authors permission and payment.
Please note, due to the high volume of responses we receive, we will only review applications that follow these instructions exactly.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!