Founding Product Lead at AVRA Talent
Founding Product Lead
Comp range: $90-110k
- Equity .5-2.5%
- Work remote/flex schedule
We connect employers with prescreened remote professionals, hand-picked and thoroughly vetted for their exact needs. Our massive vision is to connect the global pool of distributed talent to community, collaboration, and opportunities; while connecting innovative companies with the best talent, regardless of geography.
Why this role exists
You will work side-by-side with the CEO and founding leadership team to plan, design and execute on a platform that will connect job seekers to vetted job opportunities and a community of like-minded remote professionals. We are not building another job board; instead, we want to design an experience that keeps the “supply” side of our users (the remote professionals) engaged and coming back throughout their careers.
What’s in it for me?
As part of the founding team, you have the opportunity for a big upside if we execute well. You’ll work with smart people, mostly remotely, in a fun, positive culture that rewards results and prioritizes user-centric design. This is a role with a lot of room to grow for a motivated individual with the right attitude and drive.
- Our vision speaks to you We cannot stress this enough. You see the massive opportunities behind the remote work revolution and are passionate about improving the experience of finding meaningful & satisfying work.
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Experience building a marketplace and/or recruiting tools, or have researched these spaces so extensively you can talk about dual-side marketplace design like you do
- You will gather customer and user requirements from each of our core market segments
- You will define the business strategy for our core offering
- You will develop a roadmap that engages our current customers and expands our market
- You will design and drive requirements for our cross-functional engineering, data, & design team, managing an agile backlog and lean UX process
- You will drive on-time delivery of features and client implementations and coordinate any associated launch activities
- You will evaluate the success of your features through rigorous user testing and analytics
- You will present successes and failures to the leadership team, identifying product opportunities and areas for improvement
- Comfortable with agile development practices and lean design
- Ability to nail the basics (e.g. you can write exceptional user stories, sketch a wireframe, produce a roadmap, drive a release schedule, and keep yourself and everyone around you focused and organized)
- A passion for data and learning. You read all of the latest research about design, and the latest news about technology. You measure the impact of your products by conversions, not compliments. And you’re constantly trying new products & tools looking for inspiration.
- Strong design aesthetic. You know the difference between good design and exceptional experiences. And can comfortably reference and communicate examples of both
- You crave the chance to build a product that will positively impact millions of people globally
- You realize that success as a PM is all about relationships. You operate like a mini CEO with a relentless focus on the big picture while leading your team with the optimism, grace, and practicality of a seasoned diplomat.
- You are a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and defining your own direction. And in a pinch, you are able to work outside of your domain: helping sales make a pitch for a new feature you’ve designed, research public API’s for your tech team or writing your own copy for a new page.
- You know how to say no nicely. You understand that focus is as much about what you’re doing as what you’re not doing. When new ideas come to the forefront, you know how to channel your team’s enthusiasm constructively, while deferring distractions appropriately.
- You have integrity
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!