Flight Support Manager – Private Jet Operations at Silver Air
Flight Support Manager – Private Jet Operations (Remote)
- Location: (Multiple states)
- Type: Full Time
- Min. Experience: Manager/Supervisor
THE SILVER AIR TEAM IS GROWING, AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR AMAZING PEOPLE TO GROW WITH US!
Silver Air is uniquely different than the rest. Our brand is built on the foundation of quality, transparency, advocacy, strong relationships, and value for our clients. Our number one priority is supporting our people to deliver our customers an exceptional aviation experience. We are focused on quality over quantity in everything we do, and we are looking for a few of the “Best” in the business, not a lot of average.
We are looking for an energetic Operations Manager to join our growing team at Silver Air. The Operations Manager will work remotely and own the complete operational cycle of a private flight including the initial scheduling, complete crew support, aircraft handling, and compliance management for Silver Air. The successful incumbent must have a strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. They must be able to work independently, be self-motivated, and well-organized. Candidates must be able to provide a high level of professionalism and customer service.
Silver Air offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package that includes, retirement savings match, and flexible time off policy.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Ensure all team members comply with part 135 operation specs and company General Operations Manual.
- Partner with Chief Pilot, Director of Operations, and Director of Maintenance to help create department and company policies.
- Oversee support of flight crews, sales managers, and aircraft owners with the operational requirements of the flight for domestic flights.
- Provide support to flight crews, sales managers, and aircraft owners with the operational requirements of the flight for domestic flights.
- Manage all international and domestic flight operations.
- Oversee and provide trip services setup and management.
- Oversee crew accommodations and ensure department stays on budget.
- Be the subject matter expert for FAA Part 135 regulations
- Coordinate international handling with third-party vendors
- Manage Silver Air’s third-party safety auditing programs (Wyvern, ARGUS, etc.)
- Manage operations team spending by negotiating and utilizing best-priced hangars, FBO’s, fuel, hotel accommodations, etc. during trips.
- Optimize fleet utilization and charter scheduling.
- Guide, mentor, and train Flight Support Coordinators.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT EXPERIENCE WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in Aviation Operations
- 1+ year managing a team preferred
- Have a strong understanding of Operational Control and Flight Releases
- Have a working knowledge of international regulatory agencies
- High level of integrity, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Customer service, flight following, and trip management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft office suite
- Working knowledge of aviation industry software
- This role might require a flexible schedule which could include nights, weekends, and Holidays.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers.
- Manual dexterity required.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!