Financial Data Scientist at Community Data Platforms - CDP
JOB TITLE: FINANCIAL DATA SCIENTIST
About Community Data Platforms
Community Data Platforms believes communities get smarter and stronger by using evidence- based decision-making. CDP supports this mission by building data platforms in communities across the country to help leaders and decision-makers answer their Pressing Questions.
CDP supports data-driven decision-making among governments, business, and nonprofits, leading to better outcomes among a range of critical community organizations. Communities have pressing questions and CDP’s team and approach develops actionable insights and communicates them clearly by using advanced visualizations. We believe a community data platform is as essential to a community service as a firetruck.
Working with Community Data Platforms
We’re looking for highly intelligent, motivated people to join a rapidly growing start-up serving communities across the country. Benefits include:
- A culture of intellectual humility and a passion for understanding the world around us (we don’t care who’s right – we care what’s right!)
- Working with driven and intellectually curious people who are experts in their fields
- A close-knit team that is devoted to a common mission
- The opportunity to be involved at the early stages of a start-up with enormous potential
- Being at the forefront of the big data wave and its application to community-based decision-making
- Remote work – you set your own hours and complete your work on your own time – no micromanaging!
We believe smarter and stronger cities emerge if they aggregate reliable data & deploy effective data tools so as to inspire astute decision making.
The ideal candidate for this position will be inspired by this initiative, can undertake data analysis, has an enthusiasm for learning new things, and can work in a fast-paced team environment.
Our goal for this position is to bring the best in data science and analytics to community and economic development applications. We are seeking an individual with the technical expertise to conduct complex financial and economic analyses, and the ability to transform that knowledge into new algorithms targeting the pressing economic questions of communities.
Requirements of Successful Candidates:
- Experience working with financial and economic data. For example, the calculation of growth rates, intrinsic valuation, relative valuation, or benchmarking
- Proficiency in Python or R
- Data analysis methods (sourcing, wrangling, cleansing, exploratory statistics)
- Machine Learning Methods
- Time Series Analysis and Forecasting
- SQL code
- Minimum of 4 years of data science job experience
- Advanced degree in Applied Statistics, Economics, Finance, or related field
Nice to Have Skills Include:
- Familiarity with the best practices of economic development organizations
- Familiarity with community development corporations and/or opportunity zones
- Experience building and deploying data products
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!