Financial Data Analyst
- United States
Interested in working for a team of people completely redefining how fitness and health care work together? At Peerfit, we’re flipping wellness reimbursements on their head by connecting insurers’ and employers’ wellness dollars to popular fitness studios offering CrossFit, yoga, barre, boot camp, cycling, and more. If working with a team of innovative and driven people who are modernizing how people engage with wellness excites you, look no further than Peerfit.
As a financial data analyst you’ll support the business as it scales to support large scale adoption. This will include:
- Developing creative technical solutions to business problems
- Gathering requirements for new data solutions and ad hoc requests
- Understanding the cause and impact of system bugs
- Ensuring data in financial statements reconciles with KPI and other operational reports
- Assisting in the monthly financial closing process by reconciling data to ensure data integrity
You will be joining a growing team of data professionals who are working to bring scalability and maturity to data and business intelligence operations. The ideal candidate should be prepared to take the lead on improving accuracy, automation, and scalability of financial reporting. We’re seeking someone who is detail-oriented and possesses excellent communication skills.
- You will be responsible for requirements gathering and design for new data solutions, including but not limited to financial business intelligence reporting and invoicing services.
- You will consume, clean, and analyze data from both the Peerfit application and third-party sources and must be able to speak intelligently about the results of data analysis to other members of the Peerfit team.
- You will also liaise with Peerfit’s finance team to ensure accuracy, integrity, and reproducibility of all financial data, support tax law compliance, and support robust financial forecasting and modeling.
- You will also collaborate with the other functional groups that make up the Product team (Data, Backend, Frontend Web, Native mobile, Design, Infrastructure, and Operations) and with Peerfit’s client-facing teams (Finance, Sales, Operations, Strategy).
- Professional experience in business intelligence and financial data analysis (2+ years)
- Strong math and statistical skills
- Competent in SQL (2+ years, MySQL or PostgreSQL preferred)
- Advanced skill set in spreadsheet technology
- Accounting/ business acumen
NICE TO HAVES:
- Comfort with Git and Python and/or R
- Experience with Looker
- Experience with forecasting and tax law compliance
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Bachelor’s degree in computer or information sciences, mathematics, finance, economics, or statistics, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
WHO WE NEED: (Intangibles)
- Passionate about health and fitness
- Desires to have a role in the growth of a startup
- Stays motivated and knows how to be persistent
- Is self-directed
- High attention to detail
- Can work remotely and make decisions autonomously at a high level
- Flexibility to handle changing responsibilities
WHAT YOU GET:
- The opportunity to help expand the impact of Peerfit across the United States…and, someday, the world!
- The chance to work in a relaxed, yet goal-driven start-up culture with a passion for fitness
- Peerfit credits to attend fitness classes
- Chance to work remotely with flexible scheduling
- Health insurance and other benefits
Peerfit is an Equal Opportunity Employer