Financial Analyst V
Financial Analyst V
A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
We are seeking a talented Financial Analyst V supporting Sector Program Finance to join our growing team.
- Develops systems, automated processes and tools to improve the Program Finance function across CAES.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information for an organization.
- Develops integrated revenue/expense analysis, projections, reports, tools and presentations.
- Provides cost analysis results to assist management in operations cost decision making or other financial initiatives.
- Generates reports by analyzing the costs and resources and helps determine actionable projects based on the reports.
- Responsible for identifying existing trends and monitoring changes over time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in the Aerospace and Defense industry supporting the Program Finance function.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to effectively interact with across other functional areas; the ability to advise, persuade and challenge when needed.
- Understanding EAC (Estimate at Complete) development, project schedules, WBS development, milestones, performance measurements and learning curves.
- Working knowledge of accounting and revenue recognition policies and standards as it relates to Department of Defense (DoD) contracts.
- Ability to, read and interpret customer contracts and types (e.g. FFP, FPIF, FPAF, CPFF, CPAF, CPIF, T&M).
- Knowledge and understanding of the use of resource loaded integrated master schedules (IMS) in program management.
Educational/ Professional Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field, or equivalent and 11-13 years of experience or Master’s degree in business and 8-10 years of experience
- Relevant experience in multiple finance disciplines such as financial planning & analysis, cost estimating, accounting or financial business systems
- MS Office Intermediate to Advanced skills
- Earned Value Management knowledge
- FAR/DFAR understanding
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world’s leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.