Title: Financial Analyst
Reports to: Director of Pharmacy Product Development
Location: Remote/Work from Home Position
About Pulse8, Inc.
Pulse8 is an innovative Healthcare Analytics and Technology Company that delivers visibility and transparency for Risk Adjustment, Quality and Pharmacy management programs. We enable health plans and at-risk providers to achieve the greatest financial impact in the Employer, Health Insurance Exchange (HIX), Medicare Advantage, and Medicaid markets.
By combining advanced analytic methodologies with extensive health plan experience, Pulse8 is developing a suite of uniquely pragmatic solutions to change the game in pharmacy benefit management and to compliment the core solutions that are revolutionizing risk adjustment. Pulse8’s flexible business intelligence tools offer near real-time visibility into member, prescriber and pharmacy activity/pricing so our clients can ensure cost-effective, high quality, and clinically appropriate use of the pharmacy benefit.
What’s cool about working for Pulse8?
We’re a close knit team of Healthcare and Technology experts dedicated to helping people live longer, healthier lives. You’ll get to help us design and build innovative solutions from the ground up and have the opportunity to do lots of interesting things in an entrepreneurial culture. We offer competitive benefits and much, much more!
Pharmacy Financial Analyst will work collaboratively with our internal developers and client development partners to bring to market a revolutionary pharmacy program management solution. They will assist in the development and implementation of algorithms, dashboards and reports that identify opportunities to improve cost, quality and clinical outcomes. These algorithms will target over-use, under-use and fraud, waste and abuse in the pharmacy benefit. In addition, they will support the development of product requirements, work in tandem with our data teams to execute these requirements, and work with our clients as a subject matter expert to explain the financial and operations results presented in the newly developed pharmacy program management solution.
- Reporting, Benchmarking and Analytics Module Support
- Support the development and continuous improvement of dashboards assigned (e.g. financial, clinical, quality, operations, value-based agreement modules) of the pharmacy program management solution
- Develop and document business cases and requirements (BRDs) for new dashboards and current dashboard enhancements
- Provide Quality Assurance (QA) of dashboard functionality, data accuracy and visualization specifications. Provide peer review activities for dashboards assigned to other team members.
- Support management of deliverables, maintenance of task lists, closure of open issues and other project management aspects necessary for meeting product commitments
- Support the sourcing of relevant data for use in identifying client financial and operations improvement opportunities
- Document and manage a product development pipeline for the assigned modules
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts and leaders as they develop and enhance the financial analytics and value-based agreement modules
- Lead research initiatives to monitor Pulse8’s algorithm performance over time and recommend future enhancements
- Build and maintain strong client relationships
- Work collaboratively with clients and prospective clients to support achievement of value identified in the sales processes
- Lead customer requests for ad hoc reporting or research
- Participate in the Formul8 Advisory Council which will include clients, prospective clients, service/advisory partners and industry thought leaders – and/or Client User Group which will optimize usability for current clients
- Engage with clients, primarily through on-line forums, to identify and share best practices
Minimum Essential Knowledge / Skills:
- Prior experience in healthcare industry
- Experience with financial or operational modeling and concepts
- Experience or degree in statistics, mathematics, finance, operational reporting or similar analytic field
- Experience working with pharmacy data (i.e. claims, operations, pricing)
- Proven technical, analytical and problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Professional and interpersonal; ability to interface with both external and internal personnel at all levels
- Self-initiative and leadership
- Ability to work within a team environment
Required Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- 3 to 5 years of experience within the PBM or health insurance industry
- 3 to 5 years of process improvement, database development, data process engineering, CRM solutions, software development, or Master Data Management
- Experience supporting the development of scalable analytic and reporting solutions
- Experience with Tableau, Sisense or similar business intelligence tools
- Prior experience in implementing database solutions
- Working knowledge and experience with SQL/SAS