Finance Manager at Takumi
- United States
- Full time
Purpose of The Role
The Finance Manager plays a pivotal role in supporting the Finance team, reporting to the CFO. They will be responsible for all accounting tasks. Preparing budgets, maintaining reports, bank reconciliation, cash flow forecasting and completing basic bookkeeping and accounting duties.
The role is based in the US. Due to the pandemic, all TAKUMI employees are currently working from home until further notice.
Line of Reporting
The Finance Manager reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Managing day to day finance transactions
- Prepare monthly draft Management Accounts for three entities including adjustments for prepayments, accruals, deferred revenue and intercompany balances, etc. Reconcile control accounts and analyze
- Preparation of KPIs, revenue and cash flow forecasts, budgets, ad hoc analysis, year-end audit requests and general information requests
- Carry-out daily bank reconciliations, across multiple accounts which involves a lot of inter-account movements
- Accounts Payable: day-to-day running of Account Payable: recording supplier invoices, reconciling key accounts to supplier statements, preparing payment runs, dealing with queries, etc. This includes our influencer platform and managing the influencer payment account balances
- Accounts Receivable: raise invoices from revenue generating teams, manage interface with and reconcile to invoicing platform. Support client-facing team with invoicing issues
- Day-to-day credit control and look for ways to improve cash collection.
- Manage staff and credit card expenses
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns and reconciliation
- In partnership with Operations, manage and ensure the relevance of data in and out of our CRM, influencer platform and related platforms and develop platform expertise supporting stakeholders with training, troubleshooting and update on developments
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget
Talent that can work in a creative environment and express themselves clearly in non-financial terms whilst also being approachable. A confident person who can work within a team but also on a stand-alone basis is sought. Commercial acumen and experience of negotiating clients T&Cs, payments terms, forecasting profitability, etc., a high priority and essential.
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Proficiency with Excel, data visualization and presentation tools
- Experience in Balance Sheet Account Preparation
- Detail Oriented, organized and timely
- Competent IT Skills
- Part qualified of ACCA or equivalent or studying towards ACCA
- Experience gained in the digital marketing sector is desirable, though not essential.
- Experience of Xero an advantage but not a requirement.
- Management and maintenance of data flow across internal platforms, ie, Salesforce, Takumi Platform, Xero, Revolut
- Management of: Local bookkeepers, (UK, Germany, US)
- M&A and consolidation experience is preferred:
Key Personal Qualities
- A team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Is passionate about collaborating with others
- Sees the whole picture and cares about the details and client delight
- Organized, considered and methodical in approach and interactions
- Solution oriented thinking, identifies challenges or obstacles and collaborates with the relevant stakeholders to resolve
- Understand the importance of TAKUMI’s core values of Diversity, Accountability, Equality, Integrity and Respect
Please note that these are not exhaustive lists
We continue to thrive and create a great place to work.
- Work from Home
- Training & Development
- Pension Plans
- Competitive holiday package
- Training & Development
Takumi is committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable. Please have a read of our ethics manifesto on our website.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!