Finance: Experienced Accounts Receivable and Payable Associate at The Charles NYC
Location: US locations only; 100% Remote
Language Requirement: Must be able to speak and type fluent English and clearly communicate intricate business and financial issues in order to fully resolve them.
Finance: Experienced Accounts Receivable and Payable Associate/Manager
(Experienced in USA GAAP and USA bookkeeping specifically)
The Charles New York office is seeking an experienced Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Associate (one person for these two areas) to assist the finance, operations, and project management team with project invoicing and milestone analysis/review and approvals for invoicing as well as accounts payable review and approvals with team, and generation of Projects within Quickbooks, custom reports, PO’s and estimates where needed. You must be highly adept at learning on the fly, and have long-standing experience using digital software and online digital tools, easily incorporating and reviewing new and advantageous tools into our process and systems
Ideally you will have had some experience with other advertising or marketing agencies in regards to their finances.
You must have a deep knowledge of bookkeeping within Quickbooks and be comfortable working with our head-bookkeeper, as well as our accountant and on a day to day basis with the Director of Operations.
Alongside the skills listed below the ideal candidate should possess exceptional organizational skills and familiarity with a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment. Due to the nature of the work, the candidate must have meticulous attention to detail and able and eager to juggle multiple responsibilities. You will answer directly to the Director of Operations, CEO and CCO.
Obtains revenue and pays invoices by verifying and completing payable and receivable transactions, and interfaces with the Director of Operations across accounts, projects, milestones, changes in billing and scheduled check-in’s/updates to double-check if and when changes in invoicing will take place. Additionally on the A/P side understands the importance of planning and checking on upcoming vendor expenses as well as generating purchase orders and loading up & creating bills once vendor bills are received; additionally setting up vendor bank account info including entering account info for international banks. Capable of generating custom non-posting reports to verify purchase orders in the overall status of the PnL.
A/R & A/P Responsibilities:
- Understands and follows through on internal approval before contacting external clients with reminders so that communication is clear.
- Independently checks on account information and is capable of independently generating tasks to update client records, add client information, vendor records, vendor information.
- Understands finance broadly, project management and B2B invoicing and billing and ideally the advertising and creative industry.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
- Uploads and correctly notates and marks Vendor Bills with all applicable information, including verifying transaction information with our internal staff who hired the particular vendor to ensure that the project was both completed and that the product of the work was satisfactory to our CEO/CCO and clients; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
- Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions when needed – will have the support of our bookkeeper who also maintains the ledger with posting transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling with projects, milestones and hours to bill in order to present new invoices for approval.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
We are looking for a skilled Accounts Receivable & Payable Associate who will manage the whole set of payment collection procedures for our company. Your primary duties will include processing invoices, working with missed payments and managing Accounts Receivable Clerks. You will be responsible for keeping our accounts receivable activities accurate and efficient.
We expect you to be familiar with all basic accounting procedures and to be able to provide end-to-end support for company’s financial transactions, on a daily basis. Experience in managing a financial team will be a big plus.
Accounts Receivable Associate responsibilities are:
- Assigning tasks to the accounts receivable team in agreement with the accounting department’s goals
- Overseeing timely collection of payments
- Monitoring invoicing procedures
- Performing credit checks
- Interacting with customers in non-payment cases
- Creating and keeping records of invoices, bills, and deposits
- Forecasting monthly, quarterly and annual results and creating reports on them
- Ensuring that all accounts receivable procedures are in compliance with legal regulations
- Overseeing that accounts receivable team performs in agreement with accounting principles
- Providing support to Accounts Receivable Clerks on their daily tasks
- Training new team members
- Follow changes and trends in industry niche and related legal regulations
Accounts Receivable Associate requirements are:
- 8+ years’ experience of working on an Accounts Receivable Associate or Supervisor position
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience of working with large amounts of data
- Strong analytical and presentational skills
- Strong team management, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Confidentiality and responsibility
- BSc degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA certification will be a bonus
Accounts Payable Clerk responsibilities are:
- Manage all accounts and incoming payments and ensure their compliance with financial regulations
- Create and manage bills, invoices, and bank deposits
- Organize all kinds of financial transactions such as classifying, computing, posting, recording and verifying accounts receivables’ data, on a daily basis
- Review the accounts receivable ledger making sure all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Take measures to ensure payment of invoices such as sending bill reminders and contacting customers
- Detect problems with clients’ billing issues and help to resolve them
- Prepare detailed financial statements and reports about accounts receivable status and present them to company’s executives and senior managers
Accounts Payable Clerk requirements are:
- 3+ years’ experience of working at an associate or manager level
- Excellent experience with accounting software
- Significant experience with calculating, posting and managing accounting figures and financial records
- Excellent knowledge of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Good practical experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Good mathematical and data entry skills
- Experience of working with large amounts of data
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Good customer service and negotiation skills
- Accuracy, responsibility and close attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
Accounts Receivable & Payable Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
- Administrative Writing Skills, Organization, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Financial Software, Analyzing Information , Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Reporting Research Results, Verbal Communication
- Purchase Order experience is ideal.
- Must understand Quickbooks, and Bill.com
- Utilizes the Projects function within Quickbooks.
- Utilizes the Estimate function within quickbooks and Progressive Invoicing.
- Deep Knowledge & Experience with Bookkeeping and Chart of Accounts / Operations-Office-Administration experience is a plus
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!