Federal Contracts Manager
Remote, United States
Isobar is a global digital agency that delivers experience-led transformations powered by creativity. We have redefined the way consumers experience music through emerging technology with the creation of Aeronaut. We have taken six disparate brands and brought them under one house through the transformation of Zwilling. We have strategized, built and executed the digital reinvention of Enterprise, Alamo + National. And we have connected families to LAIKA’s Missing Link characters through the power of voice. Isobar has a longstanding history of solving complex business problems. We have deep expertise in UX, creative, technology and optimization and are able to take on the toughest problems because of it. Sound like something you want to be a part of?
The Federal Contracts Manager is an individual contributor, who must have a solid understanding of statutory and regulatory rules that govern federal contracting. This position requires an individual who has in-depth knowledge of the various aspects of US Federal Government contracting and the FAR to include proposal development; negotiations, administration, and contract close-out. The Federal Contract Manager will administer contracts and develop/maintain business relationships at the project and program level. The candidate will implement contracting strategies, answer questions on the operational aspects of contracting and specific contract management aspects pertaining to the programs assigned; contribute to new and innovative business and contracting solutions; support business planning activities. The candidate must be independent and a self-starter and as much focused on the business of the business as they are on contractual matters.
- Provide full life-cycle contract management including developing, negotiating, administering and closing out Government Agency contracts and task orders.
- Manage a number of key contracts supporting Isobar Federal operating groups and ensure compliance with contracts policies, procedures, operating practices and department standards to ensure successful program execution within requirements and organization objectives.
- Provide program development support, including customer relationship management, assistance with work statements and review/submission of technical/cost proposals.
- Prepare, negotiate, and administer various contract agreements (e.g. Non-disclosure Agreements, Software Evaluation Agreements, etc.) and the interpretation of contractual language and provisions.
- Serve as a primary interface between Isobar and the Agency or Prime Contractor Contracting Officers for contract and proposal financial management issues, including developing timely and actionable solutions that balance the interests of both Isobar and its customers; monitor assigned programs for contract terms; support contract and financial tracking/reporting.
- Work directly with Isobar technical and program management staff to facilitate the resolution of any contract and/or program issues, serve as a resource to the Director of Contracts and senior management of Isobar, on any procurement and contracting matters
- Foster collaborative working relationship with a wide range of stakeholders to include Program Teams, Operations, Program Control, Business Development, Finance, Human Resources, and Government contracting personnel.
- Regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion in solving complex contract and business issues.
- Ability to summarize/synopsize contract analysis during contract performance for management consideration.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and time management.
- Experience with researching and interpreting contracting concepts.
- Ability to draft moderate to complex contractual instruments.
- Able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Able to use independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and negotiating skills including ability to interact with all levels of staff from administrative to executive. Strong to excellent analytical, communication, teambuilding, leadership and presentation skills.
- Ability to resolve and work through team conflicts and use the synergistic power of teamwork and team planning to achieve positive results and outcomes for the business.
- Must have ability to manage changing priorities.
- Proficiency with recent versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s plus 8 years of experience or the equivalent in job-relevant work experience.
- 7 years of experience in contract negotiation/administration, specializing in government contracts, procurement and/or contract management. Post graduate work, or contracts related certification(s) a plus.
- Thorough understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations, Supplemental Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards, and preparing Cost and Business Management proposals.
- Experience with all forms of government solicitations (RFP, RFQ, and other forms) and managing all forms of government contracts (Cost-type, FFP, T&M ID/IQ contracts, GWACS, and GSA Multiple Award Schedules), including reviewing and understanding pricing, representations and certifications, and subcontracting issues.
- Experience analyzing, formulating, negotiating contract documents such as, Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), Teaming Agreements (TAs), etc.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA L3) certification
- CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL CONTRACT MANAGER (CPCM)
Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must be able to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, Isobar will only consider applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.