Faculty – Nursing, Mental Health Nurse Practitioner at Herzing University
Faculty – Nursing (PMHNP)
- Job Category: Academics
- Requisition Number: FACUL01655
- Location: Remote
Herzing University is currently accepting applications for Full-Time Nursing Faculty (PMHNP) opportunities for our Online Campus. Nursing Faculty will teach primarily for the graduate PMHNP program with other nursing undergraduate and graduate teaching responsibilities as needed.
These career focused programs strive to bridge the gap between the theory and practice. Your role will be to prepare your students for a career in nursing by leading them through classes, labs, and real-life clinical settings. For this reason, we are looking for professional nurses who can translate their background, education, and rich experience into an engaging learning environment.
Qualified applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Currently hold an unencumbered WI license as a Registered Nurse
- Master’s of Science in Nursing Prepared
- Board certified Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- At least one year of teaching experience
- At least two years’ experience in a clinical setting
- Strong written, verbal, and communication skills
Summary of Primary Responsibilities
A full job description will be provided during the interview process when you can discuss what this specific role will be, but the position’s responsibilities fall into eight basic areas.
- Subject Matter Expertise
- Effective Communication
- Pedagogical Mastery
- Operational Excellence
- Appreciation and Promotion of Diversity
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Utilization of Technology to Enhance Teaching and Learning
- Continuous Improvement
These competencies, as identified by the University’s academic community encompass the knowledge, skills, and behaviors essential to a faculty member’s success in the classroom and provide the basis for the faculty hiring, evaluation and development process.
In addition to teaching in the classroom, developing relationships with our clinical partner sites, and meeting with students during your office hours, our Nursing program has a clinical component. By applying to this job, you are confirming that you are able to do the following, in both the classroom and at our clinical sites:
- Consistently communicate using the spoken word with students, staff and colleagues.
- Visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess.
- Operate equipment specific to programmatic track, personal computer, audio-visual equipment, clinical equipment, etc.
- In addition to the above requirements, for programs that include a clinical component, all faculty must be able to:
- Stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects.
- Ability to see and hear within normal parameters.
- Lift up to 25 pounds.
Continue your education or one of an eligible dependent while making a career with Herzing with the help from our tuition assistance programs and enjoy the benefits of wellness programs, retirement savings plan with employer match, flexible work environments, engaging team building events, career opportunities, and working with others who believe in the value of serving students!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!