Online Faculty – Medical Office Administration
- Academics FACUL01231
Herzing University is looking for dedicated MA or MOA’s who are passionate about sharing their background and experience with the next generation of medical assistant professionals. This is a remote position and will support students in our online program.
These career-focused programs strive to bridge the gap between the theory and practice. Your role will be to prepare your students for a career by leading them through classes, labs, and externships/internships. For this reason, we are looking for professional MA or MOA’s who can translate their background, education, and rich experience into an engaging learning environment.
Qualified applicants will have the following:
- Have a Master’s degree with credentials to support medical assisting and medical office administration programs
- At least three years of online teaching experience
- Clinical Experience
Herzing University offers full-time employees a competitive benefits package, many of which are available on your first day. This also includes a Tuition Waiver Program for full-time employees (and eligible dependents) after one year of employment.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities
A full job description will be provided during the interview process when you can discuss what this specific role will be, but the position’s responsibilities fall into eight basic areas.
- Subject Matter Expertise
- Effective Communication
- Pedagogical Mastery
- Operational Excellence
- Appreciation and Promotion of Diversity
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Utilization of Technology to Enhance Teaching and Learning
- Continuous Improvement
These competencies, as identified by the University’s academic community encompass the knowledge, skills, and behaviors essential to a faculty member’s success in the classroom and provide the basis for the faculty hiring, evaluation and development process.
In addition to teaching in the classroom, developing relationships with our clinical partner sites, and meeting with students during your office hours, our Physical Therapist Assistant program has a clinical component. By applying to this job, you are confirming that you are able to do the following, in both the classroom and at our clinical sites:
- Consistently communicate using the spoken word with students, staff and colleagues.
- Visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess.
- Operate equipment specific to programmatic track, personal computer, audio-visual equipment, clinical equipment, etc.
- In addition to the above requirements, for programs that include a clinical component, all faculty must be able to:
- Stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects.
- Ability to see and hear within normal parameters.
- Lift up to 25 pounds.