Faculty – Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement, Emergency Management and Homeland Security at Colorado State University - CSU
Part Time Faculty- Criminal Justice &Law Enforcement, Emergency Management & Homeland Security
- Job Locations: US
- Job ID: 2021-1963
- Category: Instruction
- Type: Adjunct Faculty Part-time
Colorado State University Global delivers the next generation of online education that lives up to the reputation of the Colorado State University System for quality and innovation. Offering Bachelors completion and Masters Programs in career relevant fields, CSU Global is designed to fit into the busy lives of working adults. The 100% online university has faculty that are national leaders in their fields of study, and are specially trained to teach adult learners in an online platform. The university offers 8-week courses, with multiple start dates every semester and a simplified enrollment process.
About Colorado State University Global:
Our Mission: Colorado State University Global is committed to advancing student academic and professional success in a global society, by providing access to dynamic education characterized by excellence, innovative delivery technologies, industry relevance, and strong stakeholder engagement. Our Vision: Colorado State University Global is the premier provider of innovative, higher learning opportunities for modern learners around the world.
Colorado State University Global (CSU Global) was created by the Colorado State University System Board of Governors in 2007 as the first 100 percent online state university in the United States. CSU Global is focused on facilitating adult success in a global marketplace through career-relevant education including bachelor’s degree completion and master’s degree programs. Embracing the land grant heritage as part of the Colorado State University System, CSU Global sets the standard for quality and innovation in higher education through its expert faculty trained in working with adults in an online learning environment, and through its dedication to student retention, graduation and workplace success. CSU Global’s student focus requires employees to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
Job Duties/Performance Objectives:
The faculty member in the Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement, Emergency Management & Homeland Security program should:
- Have an expertise level of knowledge with the criminal justice system.
- Be student focused with a commitment to student success.
- Conduct course(s) as designed and properly administer the Learning Management System (Canvas).
- Adhere to all CSU Global faculty expectations.
- Engage in class(es) at least five (5) times per week, including either Saturday or Sunday, to participate in the weekly discussions.
- Provide personalized and substantive feedback on all student submissions and assignments. Includes feedback on APA format, writing structure, the use of critical thinking skills, and research skills.
- Host live sessions as required.
- Grade all assignments within 72 hours of assignment due date.
- Actively respond to student emails and phone calls within 24 hours.
- Post updates and announcements to course(s) regularly each week.
This adjunct opening exists in the Emergency Management and Homeland Security Specialization. Therefore, the following is required:
- Professional experience of at least 5 years in emergency management and homeland security.
- 18 graduate credit hours in emergency management and homeland security.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Terminal degree from regionally accredited university within (or related) discipline is strongly preferred
- 18 hours of graduate work within discipline applying for strongly preferred
- Professional certifications within related discipline are strongly preferred
- Minimum two years of teaching experience
- Minimum one year of online teaching experience
- Minimum 3+ years of professional experience in related discipline
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!