Faculty, Contributing – BS and MS Communications
Job ID 40072BR
Institution Walden University
Some people don’t just work—they work to make a difference in their lives and the lives of others.
Join a forward-thinking, accredited university and help educate a diverse array of learners from all 50 states and more than 145 countries pursuing their bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degrees at Walden.
Walden University is a place where you can make a difference—and have real impact—in the lives of students worldwide. Our diversity and strong mission of social change allow us to both inspire and be inspired as global leaders. We are continuously seeking talented academics and professionals who want to be part of something bigger. With your knowledge, innovation, and leadership you can help build something remarkable. Are you ready to make a difference?
Walden University an accredited institution for over 40 years, invites dynamic and innovative faculty apply online for the College of Management & Technology MS – Communications program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Part-time, School of Management & Technology faculty are responsible for instruction, assessment, advising, committee work, and service to the School of Management & Technology. Other duties may include grant management, research, or specific academic endeavors. Faculty members are critical in creating, maintaining, assessing, and reflecting upon a learning environment where academic discipline interweaves with the School of Management & Technology mission to support student learning.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Earned doctorate in Communication from an accredited institution.
- 3-5 years of teaching experience at an accredited university.
- Experience with online learning highly preferred.
- Professional experience in the Communication field is a plus.
- Qualified candidates will have the ability to teach courses in more than one subject.
- Commitment to advocating for the learning and development needs of students earning their degrees in a distance learning environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and group communication skills.
- Ability to apply theory to recognizable and real scenarios to facilitate student learning