Facility Outpatient Coder at GeBBS Healthcare Solutions
Facility Outpatient Coder
- Job Locations: US-Virtual/Remote
- Category: Medical Coding
- Minimum Hours: 40
Fall into a new career at Aviacode! We are currently recruiting for OP Facility Coders with at least 3 years’ experience in addition to any formal training. Work from the comfort of your home office, employee status, benefit eligible, 40 hours per week. Whether you are wanting more work-life balance or just wanting to fall in love with your job again, connect with us today to learn more about our inspiring career opportunities.
- Responsible for coding all diseases, operations and procedures on outpatients according to ICD-10-CM, UHDDS, American Medical Association’s CPT-4 and ICD-10-PCS when necessary, according to client specifications.
- Abstracts all codes paying particular attention to accuracy. Abstracts patient data per client specifications. Makes abstracting corrections as required per client.
- Responsible for keeping current on all Aviacode and client coding policies and procedures while ensuring all procedure changes and additions are understood. Responsible to discuss any unclear information needing clarification with supervisor and/or data quality specialist.
- Works with healthcare abstracting software ICD-10 data sets and encoder.
- Initiates physician queries in compliance with Aviacode and client specific procedures.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory changes and communicates these changes to Coding Supervisor.
- Consults with Coding Supervisor or designee and works through difficult coding situations and/or coding problems
- Assigns appropriate and accurate codes to all assigned charts.
- Principals of ICD-10 Outpatient Coding
- Maintains accuracy of diagnosis code assignment per client and Aviacode Solutions policies.
- Maintains productivity levels per client and Aviacode policies.
- Maintains reports and their integrity by insuring that all data is entered and recorded as directed by supervisor and director.
- Communicates in a responsible manner according to Aviacode policies
- Complies with HIPAA and Aviacode policies concerning patient data
- RHIT, RHIA, CCS, or COC
- Coders must use own PC with Windows 10 PRO and dual monitors
Aviacode provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aviacode complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Aviacode expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on protected classes. Improper interference with the ability of Aviacode’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.