Website Altegra Health
Facility Coding Quality Analyst
Facility Coding Quality Analyst:
The Coding Quality Analyst is an exempt, full-time remote position reporting to the Coding Manager of Altegra Health’s Facility Coding division. The Coding Quality Analyst ensures that coding compliance initiatives are met for all clients. Reviews and analyzes medical records and abstracted data submitted by the remote coding staff to determine the accuracy of payment and code assignment and adequacy of clinical documentation in accordance with regulatory requirements.Implements the ICD-10-CM/PCS training program and other education as needed.
- Ability to successfully perform coding quality reviews to validate correct coding, following Altegra Health’s Corporate Coding Compliance Plan and Quality Review guidelines.
- Provide feedback to coding staff on audit results.
- Provide ICD-10-CM/PCS training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Provide training on areas where coding compliance is not met.
- Maintain ongoing communication with management, coding staff and clients to ensure target coding compliance goals are met.
- Assist manager with performing new employee orientation including scheduling training.
- Perform QA reports.
- Assist manager with accurate and timely submission of completed report to clients.
- Prepare consultant’s data to be used in report preparation.
- Assist manager with coordinating ongoing Remote Coding Division meetings.
- Comply with Altegra’s policies regarding the use and disclosure of protected health information which includes accessing and using protected health information only to the extent necessary to fulfill the above mentioned responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate degree in health information management or similar
- Associate degree in health information management or similar
- RHIT, RHIA and/or CCS required
- AHIMA ICD-10-CM/PCS a plus
- CPC credential will be considered if candidate is willing to obtain an AHIMA credential within 6 months of hire.
- High level coding expertise in IPPS and OPPS.
- Business management skills
- Knowledge of the health care industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Coding software and computer skills in Microsoft Office and products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact with management personnel
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines
- Proven ability to prioritize
- Strong communication, administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and act effectively under pressure with initiative, tact, and poise
- Adaptive and flexible to new ideas and change
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- Participate in special projects as needed