Experiences Writer at Elite Daily
Title: Experiences Writer
Location: US National
Elite Daily is looking for a remote, part-time writer with an interest in covering travel, lifestyle, and health/wellness topics to join its Experiences team.
Like our millennial and Gen Z readers, applicants should have a deep passion for experiences over things, such as setting up a backyard glampground or getting creative with taking Instagram pictures in their tie-dye outfits. They should also be comfortable tackling a wide range of topics, including the state of travel in 2020, personal narratives, and service-driven how-tos. Coverage includes everything from how travel bloggers are navigating their new normal to cookbooks by Black authors.
The ideal candidate is creative, has a unique perspective, and possesses the ability to produce thoughtful, clean, authoritative, and engaging stories and headlines. They must display an understanding of the Elite Daily voice, which is equal parts relatable, clever, inclusive, and fun. Experience tracking down expert sources and conducting interviews is a plus.
The position is part-time, remote, takes place during normal business hours (EST), and reports to the Experiences Editor.
- Turn around 3 articles per day
- Pitch 3-5 fresh, original angles daily
- Conduct interviews with experts, when necessary
- Availability to work remotely 3 days a week, Monday – Friday
- 2+ years of relevant reporting/blogging/writing experience
- Ability to remain flexible while meeting deadlines
- Submit clean copy with minimal edits
- Familiarity with Elite Daily style and SEO best practices
- Proficient in writing in AP Style
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!