Executive Operations Leader, Worldwide Operations at Amazon
Executive Operations Leader, Worldwide Operations
Job ID: 2046795 | Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon is hiring Executive Operations Leaders for Memphis, TN and across the United States for our Fulfillment, Sortation, and Delivery networks within our Worldwide Operations.
Amazon Operation’s workflow has three major components: First mile – where the product is housed and ready for order; Middle mile – where the order is hauled to your area; and Last mile – when the product is delivered to the customer’s door. Please note that all workflows have slight building variations, but one thing is constant: our vision and dedication to the customer.
Amazon Worldwide Operations is highly complex and requires a leader who has experience in a high-volume manufacturing, operations, logistics, distribution environment along with advanced people leadership skills. You will lead a dynamic team of Operations and Area Managers to achieve operational excellence through coaching and mentoring the team and drive employee engagement within the building while maintaining a safety and quality focus.
The Executive Operations Leader at Amazon leads people, process and systems that deliver important products to our customers as promised. This role is challenging and appeals to people who have a foundation of customer obsession and innovation.
As a senior leader you will oversee upwards of 1,000+ salaried and hourly employees, in a fast-paced, complex operations facility up to 1.2 million square feet.
Our Executive Operations Leaders serve as the face of the organization to thousands of employees and the community where the center is located. This position offers unlimited career potential as we continue to grow our global footprint.
The Executive Operations Leader requires a detailed understanding and ability to balance every operational component of a facility from employee needs to IT, from robotics technology to process improvement. A successful executive will be able to provide strong vision and direction for the team, while fostering bottoms-up participation in process improvement from all levels of the organization.
Key job responsibilities
- Owns and delivers the operational budget for functional area, including safety, productivity, financial and labor planning, and operational goals for outbound or inbound operations.
- Responsible for providing strategic level/long-term planning (3, 6, and 12 months out) including labor planning, rate forecasting, and peak season planning.
- Drives continuous improvement projects to optimize operations and improve productivity to meet and exceed business objectives.
- Works on strategic projects that have total building and network-wide impact. Effectively leverages the Operations and Area Managers to solicit ideas and understand problems and challenges in the building.
- Networks with other leaders across operations to solicit and share process improvements and drive efficiencies and cost savings.
- Establishes objectives and metrics for safety, quality, productivity, and customer experience.
- Sets clear goals and expectations for Operations and Area Managers. Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds leaders accountable.
- Mentors and develops leaders and staff.
- Participates in recruiting to identify and evaluate associates and internal/external candidates for promotion and hire.
- Works closely with support staff (HR, Finance, Maintenance Engineering, Safety, IT and other leaders) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives.
A day in the life
Additional Job Elements:
- Lifting and moving totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Walking around the building with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Standing/walking for up to 10-12 hours
- Working in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions, and temperature variation
- Accessing all areas of building; ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Passionate about developing great people
- Has high standards
- Wants to have fun at work
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Passion for invention; expects and requires innovation from team
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Thrives in an ambiguous work environment
- Commitment to operational excellenc
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2 years Amazon experience
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing, operations, or other related experience
- Direct management experience, including a salaried workforce, in a manufacturing, production, distribution, or logistics environment
- Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean methodologies
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations
- Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends, and holidays
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, or a related technical field
- Previous experience leading teams of 200+ in a complex manufacturing, production, or distribution environment
- Experience operating in an automated manufacturing or package sortation environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Driven strategy while utilizing data
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple buildings across the nation
- Prior leadership development training program or participation
- Ability to handle changing priorities and using good judgment in stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop others into higher levels of leadership in an organization
Additional Eligibility Requirements for the Amazon Air network only:
- Must fulfill FAA and DHS criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- This position may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing. Federal law requires Amazon to determine an applicant’s history of Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position, if applicable
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $132,600 160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
The pay range for this position in New York City is $148,500 200,900/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York City Human Rights Law. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Fulfillment & Operations Management