Executive Editor at John Wiley & Sons
- Executive Editor / Content Product Manager
- Location: Remote, USA
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It is in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
Wiley is a diverse, global organization and we areproud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As Executive Editor, you will have a proven track record of achieving success in program profitability, product innovation and development, driving revenue and strategic planning; and strong product design and product management skills in a dynamic, fast-changing business environment. You will also have developed new product types, including gathering requirements; prototyping; message testing; and market launch. Skilled at juggling competing priorities and creative problem-solving, as well as leadership, within cross-functional groups.
How you will make an impact:
- Focus on digital products and innovative new product, branding strategies to drive strong revenue growth for delivery on the highly successful zyBooks platform.
- Help transition print books to interactive courseware, including lead author communication and contract discussions.
- Drive market research, development and product positioning to generate leads for the sales organization.
- Work closely with sales/marketing for successful launches.
- Manage a multi-million-dollar portfolio, including developing and maintaining both annual sales and revenue budgets as well as product development budgets.
- Analyze markets to identify new opportunities, both in terms of subject matter areas and new features of products / types of products that will deliver sustained revenue.
- Create and maintain strong networks within the community to target, sign, and retain lead authors and contributors.
- Work with promising candidates to develop their potential contributions over a series of projects.
- Negotiate contracts with authors, subject matter experts, technical advisors, and reviewers to develop exceptional products and build long-term relationships.
We are looking for people who have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years Editorial College Publishing experience with a strong emphasis on interactive digital products
- Experience/expertise with college-level markets in IT and/or Engineering
- Strong knowledge of IT Certification programs, especially in networking, security, and/or cloud computing
- A track record for meeting product timelines
- Strong collaboration skills, passion for Education
zyBooks is a Wiley brand.
- Location/Division: Hoboken, NJ, USA, Remote, OR 97458, USA
- Remote Location: Yes
- Time Type: Full Time
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!