Executive Director, Oncology Development
Office-based or Remote-based
Who We Are
Synteract is a global full-service contract research organization with a successful three-decade track record supporting biotechnology, medical device and pharmaceutical companies. With our mission of ”Bringing Clinical Trials to Life,” we provide customized Phase I through IV services internationally, offering expertise across multiple therapeutic areas including notable depth in Oncology, Neuro Degenerative Diseases, and Rare and Orphan Diseases, and in pediatric populations. Our mission is to support the innovation and development of better therapies in healthcare.
The Executive Director Oncology Development is responsible for driving the operational goals for his assigned department as well as the strategic oncology market approach. He collaborates with other interdisciplinary leaders and contributes to the overall business plan at both the tactical and strategic level.
Specific tasks would include:
- Drive oncology market approach in a strategic and operational way
- Represent the company and department externally on relevant occasions as well as attendance of bid defense meetings
- Build relationships to existing and future clients form the Biotech and Pharma sector
- Provide strategic oncology related input to other departments and management (proposal development and project execution oversight in the field of oncology)
- Lead key oncology department initiatives to help build internal capabilities and efficiencies with processes and systems
- Provide direction of the department in the hiring, mentoring, professional development and performance management of the staff
- Ensure execution of cross-functional and global corporate goals
- Up to 40% travel may be required
- Bachelor’s or Master´s degree with a scientific background and a minimum of 9 years applicable industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good sense for CRO business, experience in externally representing a company as well as sensitivity for the market
- Familiar with working for Biotech
- At least 5 years of management experience
- Excellent working knowledge of applicable industry and country regulations (i.e. ICH guidelines)
- Effective verbal and writing skills: English
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook..
- Flexibility to travel
If you’re passionate about bringing clinical trials to life, we encourage you to apply today! Please apply online stating your earliest start date/notice period and your desired salary. If you have any questions regarding your application please contact Antonia.Schultze@synteract.com.
Synteract’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Candidates must possess current and valid authorization to work in the country to which they are applying.