Executive Director Drug Development
- Job Locations(All) | US-Remote
- ID: 2019-54243
Do you want to watch drug development change, or do you want to be the one to shape it?
We’re hoping you’re here for the latter.
Who are we?
We Are PRA Health Sciences. We provide innovative drug development solutions across all phases and therapeutic areas. But innovation just for the sake of innovation isn’t why we do it. Side by side with our clients, we strive to move drug discovery forward, to help them develop life-saving and life-improving drugs. We help change people’s lives for the better every day. It’s who we are. Innovating to help people is at the heart of our process, but it’s even more than that. It’s our privilege.
We are 16,000+ employees strong, operating in more than 90 countries. We are committed to saving lives, and we are constantly striving to be the best at what we do.
Who are you?
- Are you a tenacious leader?
- Do you see the big picture and think strategically?
- Do you champion your cause, influencing even without authority?
- Are you a fountain of knowledge, always eager to learn more and share your expertise through training and mentorship?
- Are you composed, methodical, and organized?
- Above all, are you passionate about drug development?
- If you’ve answered yes to our questions, then you will find a lasting home in PRA.
What will you be doing?
As a Drug Development Director (D3), you’re no stranger to lengthy to-do lists, but we’ve broken the D3 role down to three main functions.
Consulting and Advising
You are an educator, consulting with operational teams regarding best practices in the evolution of drug development – from pre-clinical to post-marketing. You interface with operational leads and provide strategic guidance to project teams by way of timeline management, risk mitigation, and liaising with requisite functional areas. You set your colleagues up for success.
You identify opportunities to improve the Center for Global Drug Development. You collaborate with your peers and leaders to define, develop, and implement improvements both locally and globally.
You use your expertise to improve quality and client satisfaction. You do this by understanding the entire drug development process and guiding teams through that process – interfacing between multiple trials of the same asset in different stages of development, while managing to the client’s development plans and timelines. You do what it takes to gain business, retain business, and mitigate risks.
What do you need to have?
- Approximately 10+ years of multi-disciplinary experience in pharma and CRO or biotech research and development
- Extensive knowledge of drug development and/or experience in more than one functional area such as non-clinical development, translational development, regulatory or clinical R&D to assure broad understanding of pharmaceutical development
- Significant experience and contribution as core member of a Global Project Team (or equivalent cross-functional team)
- Strong track record of delivering results through effective team and peer leadership
- Proven experience as a successful, decisive leader in a strategic multi-functional environment
- Ability to manage complex projects with ambitious milestones in high pressure circumstances
- Relevant knowledge in associated therapeutic area(s)
- Able to motivate and develop individual team members and overall team performance
- Ability to effectively manage conflicts and negotiations while providing impact and influence
- Undergraduate degree in Health Sciences from an accredited institution or international equivalent degree, required. An advanced doctoral-level degree (Ph.D., PharmD, M.D.), strongly preferred.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
LOCATION: This position may be home-based or office-based, depending on location.