Title: Executive Assistant to the SVP of Digital Core Cloud Job
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Requisition ID: 217075
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Purpose and Objectives
- The Executive Assistant is responsible for the administrative support of the SVP of Digital Core Cloud.
- The role is responsible for the smooth, effective and professional handling of the overall management of the office and daily operations, as the role represents the office to both external and internal clients.
- Support will include proactive phone and calendar management, travel, agenda management, updating materials and presentations and project-oriented work.
- Coordinate with other administrators, direct reports and other executives with energy and passion.
Key Responsibilities, Expectations and Tasks
- Maintaining and organizing Outlook calendar/folders for assigned management
- Scheduling appointments, managing inbox, read and respond to correspondence independently or as agreed with management.
- Strong judgment in prioritizing of manager’s meetings, calls, and managing global calls across multiple time zones. Ensure all calls and emails addressed, considering who it needs to be forwarded or delegated to, and with high-touch approach.
- Screening incoming calls and contacting and corresponding with key individuals inside and outside of the organization.
- Collaborate with the sales team on customer engagement, and the internal executive assistant community
- Provide support for events such as SAPPHIRE, Field Kick-Off Meetings, ASUG, SuccessConnect and other office/regional events
- Prioritize and manage the flow of information including all internal/external requests for recruiting, customer meetings and action items and speaking engagements.
- Arranging business travel, supports agenda management and expense tracking
- Drive social media strategy and execution, including daily posts, comments & activities
- Arranging meetings for managers including co-ordination of team meetings and larger internal and external events. Coordinating and supporting events for the department as a whole. Also, managing team-related personal events (recognizing birthdays, anniversaries, etc.).
- Preparing complex (activity/expense) reports, projects, documentation and correspondence which may also require collecting, organizing, and analyzing data
- Managing Workflows and monitoring items like vacation requests, purchase orders, internal orders, distribution lists, Inventory etc.
- Monitoring budget. Managing controlling and reporting activities on behalf of manager, e.g. creation, staffing and reporting on internal orders, reporting on cost centers and profit centers, creation and maintenance of C-Users
- Updating materials including PowerPoint and excel spreadsheets for meetings and presentations
- Preparation and follow up of meetings including taking meeting minutes.
- Manage shared drives and communities. Maintaining up-to-date filing and reference systems
- Central contact and all other ad-hoc support as needed by Manager and her team.
- Resolving issues with some complexity with limited guidance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Competencies
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Solves problems swiftly, independently and constantly ‘thinks on his/her feet’
- Prioritizes constantly, multi-tasks and decides on the fly
- Adapts with a high degree of flexibility regarding changing circumstances
- Shines with a positive ‘can-do’ and ‘get the job done’ attitude. Demonstrates integrity and team spirit.
- Client-focused. Focus on driving innovative, simple, pragmatic solutions to ensure customer success.
- Proactive. Ability to think ahead and logistically map out future steps and possible ramifications with back up plans.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous environments with a high level of autonomy
- Culturally sensitive and able to work in a virtual and global environment.
- Can think broadly about downstream impacts but also manages detail
- Ability to lead global or platform programs/initiatives as required and drive multiple projects effectively through delegation and influence. Proactively notify all of deliverables and follow up on action items
- Ability to operate and communicate in a matrix organization and understanding how to influence key partners with HR and the business.
- Must be able to react quickly to demands from key stakeholders and customers where accuracy and urgency is essential.
- Resilience to working under time and management pressure.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential and sensitive information
Experience & Language Requirements
- At least 5 to 7 years of administrative and business support experience in fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Tools
- Experience working for a technology company, in sales or HR organizations, and with global/international teams preferred.
- Experience with SAP internal Tools like Corporate Portal ISP preferred
- Social media savviness – Twitter, LinkedIn, Voicestorm, blogs, etc.
- English: Fluent/Level 3 both written and spoken
Education and Qualifications
- Apprenticeship as secretary or commercial qualification with significant comparable experience
- Bachelor´s Degree, or comparable experience, preferred
- Willingness to work flexibly and overtime periodically
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations: Virtual – USA