Executive Assistant to Technology Manager at Avaaz
Executive Assistant: Tech
- Location: Remote
- Full-time Allows Remote
Avaaz is an online advocacy Organization working on social change. It relies on its Technical Team to handle the infrastructure and interfaces for the creation and delivery of over 2 billion emails per year, to enable an average of 40 million yearly actions on campaign pages (including fundraising efforts), and to secure member and staff data.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to the Tech Manager (akin to a CTO in function; a.k.a. TM) in support of the long-term Tech strategy being developed and implemented. Each sub-team (Infrastructure, Engineering, Security, Data Science) within the Tech Team is led by a Technical Director. The EA will also be involved in some level of support for those leaders given they report directly to the TM. This is a fully remote position.
Primary responsibilities: Tech Manager support
- Call scheduling (internal and external)
- Communications management
- Time management support, triage and prioritization
- Inbox monitoring and organization
- Product research
- Budget management support
Secondary responsibilities: Tech Leads support
- Call scheduling
- Project support (gather and organize updates, questions, ideas, expectations)
- Routing requests to the appropriate leader/sub-team
- Team building activities planning (team connection, having fun together)
- Interfacing with the Operations team for contracts and logistics
- Supporting recruitment (requirements gathering, interfacing with the Human Resources team, status follow-ups)
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- 2+ years experience supporting senior directors or department leads, ideally within the technology field
- Systems thinking
Preferred Aptitudes and Interests
- A growth mindset and a desire to challenge yourself
- Good strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- An ability to work across a diverse team
- Ability to maintain professional discretion when dealing with sensitive issues
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency, and results-oriented delivery
- Strong teamwork skills, comfort in a highly collaborative team culture with a hierarchical team structure
- Strong project and staff management skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are required.
The balance between the two sets of responsibilities above is simple: you will focus on TM support and engage with supporting the Leads as it makes sense in support of the TM. We take work-life balance seriously and don’t expect you to work overtime by default, and we’ll adjust our expectations to what is reasonable with clearly communicated priorities: we understand some things need to be dropped so the most important ones can be delivered.
We have a strong preference for candidates working from the Americas’ eastern time zones. That does not mean we’re restricting your application based on geography: as long as you can sustainably work within those time zones for the long term, your application will be considered.
Compensation and benefits
Salary varies with location and experience, and is highly competitive with leading international nongovernmental organizations. Specific benefits also range with location, but all include 5 weeks paid vacation per year, 10 paid holidays, phone and home internet reimbursement, out-of-home office/co-working reimbursement, and professional development funds.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As a global organization with millions of members around the world, it’s important to us that our team reflects the diversity needed to lead a movement of people from across the planet, rising to meet some of the most complex challenges humanity has ever faced. We believe we can only succeed by building a diverse team full of fresh perspectives and original ideas, and we are committed to creating a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential.
Our team includes native and non-native English speakers, the self-taught and university educated, people with all sorts of professional backgrounds. If doing the job you just read about would make you excited to come to work every day, if you’re talented, hard-working and committed to making a difference – we want you to apply.
Avaaz does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have suggestions for us on how to put these values into practice in our hiring process, we’d value your input. Please write to us at email@example.com with the subject line Hiring Feedback’.
We’ll provide reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities to participate in the application process, so please let us know if you have such a request when you apply.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!