Executive Assistant to President at After-School All-Stars - ASAS
Executive Assistant to President
- Organization: After School All-Stars
- Location: Remote
ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND: Founded in 1992, After-School All-Stars provides free, daily afterschool programs to middle school aged youth in school sites all across the U.S. Our vision is for our All Stars to be safe and healthy, to graduate high school and go on to college, to find a career they love, and to give back to their communities.
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY: After-School All-Stars is currently seeking a driven, proactive Executive Assistant (EA) to support the President. This position will report to the President with a dotted line to the Chief of Staff (COS). This position will be crucial to the Executive team’s success in achieving its strategic goals through robust administrative support, working closely with a team that is headquartered in Los Angeles and Washington DC, with chapters across the US. This is an exciting new role, that will evolve and grow as the organization’s new role of President evolves and grows in tandem. This position is remote and will involve some travel.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (60%)
- Manage President’s calendar and coordinate high level meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Draft written correspondence on behalf of the President, including org- wide communications and daily email correspondence with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Support the President by creating wide range of materials, including PowerPoint presentations, briefings, and support with editing collateral items produced by various departments
- Handle all travel for the President
- Cultivate and maintain relationships between the ASAS national office and the broader ASAS network
SPECIAL PROJECTS AND EVENTS (25%)
- Support the President and COS on planning and executing special projects including Board Meetings, site visits, PR/ Media branding opportunities, and org-wide gatherings and activities
- Support the President and COS with administrative support, logistics management, and other miscellaneous tasks to ensure the success of major fundraising events
GENERAL EXECUTIVE TEAM ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (15%)
- Collaborate with the COS on Executive Team meeting logistics, preparation, follow through and other action items as assigned
- Support the CEO and Executive team members as needed with scheduling and other tasks
- Handle credit card reconciliations for the President and other Executive Team members
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- The Executive Assistant will embody ASAS’s core values: entrepreneurial, collaborative, transparent, accountable, and proactive.
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- The successful candidate will be extremely organized and detail oriented, have strong communication skills, tech-savvy, excellent writing skills, and be capable of multi-tasking and juggling multiple priorities and deadlines.
- A minimum of 6-8 years in a similar role is required (nonprofit, university or an entrepreneurial organization.)
- The Executive Assistant must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and discretion, as the EA has access to sensitive organizational information.
- Candidates should have a desire to demonstrate exceptional skills in a high level, high profile position.
- Ideally the candidate is comfortable with CRMs ( such as Salesforce) or open to learning.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: This is a full-time, non-exempt position (40 hours/week); The salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the individual candidate. ASAS promotes a healthy work/life blend and offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, a 403b match, 18 days of paid time off, flex time, and 17 paid holidays. ASAS is an equal opportunity employer and candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT ROLE: Please submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to: email@example.com. Your cover letter should be in PDF format, addressed to the Recruiting Manager and indicate how your experience is relevant to this role with After-School All-Stars. Please put “Executive Assistant” and your last name in the subject heading. LEARN MORE ABOUT AFTER SCHOOL ALL-STARS: To learn more about ASAS, please visit our website: www.afterschoolallstars.org
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!