Executive Assistant, Public Affairs at Spotify
Executive Assistant, Public Affairs
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (HOME MIX)
OPERATIONS AND BUSINESS SUPPORT – TRUST & SAFETY
Spotify is seeking an Executive Assistant to support our Senior Director of Public Affairs. This role is a balancing act: owning the day-to-day tasks of any excellent EA — leading all aspects of schedules, preparing for meetings, and coordinating events — in addition to higher-order work like handling sensitive information and relationships, tackling special projects, and proactively solving problems of all magnitude. This is a highly transparent position with exposure to key internal and external collaborators.
What you’ll do
- Extensive meeting and calendar management ensuring the cadence aligns with overall goals and objectives for the team and company
- Work cross-functionally with other business areas within Spotify, leading appointments with external partners and third parties, and organizing calendars to appropriately reflect priorities
- Coordinate meeting schedules and lines of communication between various partners and global teams across all time zones
- Effectively supervise, package, and communicate priority projects and to-dos, acting as a meaningful critical issue point for the team
- Support meeting management such as preparing materials and agendas, keeping notes, and running next steps as needed
- Perform comprehensive email management (e.g. prioritizing and drafting email correspondence, handling follow ups, reviewing timelines and deadlines, etc.)
- Support coordination of team off sites/events, trainings, and celebrations (e.g. workshops, team happy hours, etc.)
- Schedule and handle business travel arrangements, including flight/hotel/car service bookings and compiling detailed itineraries; where appropriate, help prepare for speaking engagements and conferences
- Manage all expense reporting and approve travel and business expenses for others on the team according to internal policies
- Manage other special projects and workflows as needed
- Serve as a representation of Spotify for the outside world including drafting correspondence, welcoming guests to our office, and generally representing Spotify thoughtfully
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience supporting executive-level leaders
- Ability to keep track of many tasks, connect dots across work streams without letting anything fall through the cracks
- Flexibility and strength in working with and coordinating with others
- Capacity for discretion and sensitivity when handling confidential materials and topics
- Outstanding verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills with strong recall and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to give, receive, and implement feedback
- Proactive and comfortable taking initiative
- Pride in your work and ownership over projects that you lead
- High proficiency in the Google Suite (especially Google Calendar, Slides, and Docs) as well as the ability to stay informed about new tools and technologies; Experience in Concur T&E and Slack a plus
- An enthusiasm for a fast paced work environment is a major plus
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.Post Job
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.