Executive Assistant I at American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine - AUC
Executive Assistant I
Job ID 2022-123206
Institution American University of the Caribbean (AUC)
Employment Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status U.S. – Non-Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC) has an immediate opening for a dynamic, independent, experienced Executive Assistant to play a critical role in supporting various AUC leadership.
The position provides support to:
- Senior Associate Dean Academic Affairs
- Senior Associate Dean Student Affairs
- Associate Dean Academic Affairs, Clinical Sciences
- Associate Clinical Dean – US
- Associate Clinical Dean – UK
- AUC’s Clinical Chairs of OBGYN, Surgery, Pediatrics, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Psychiatry
The position provides a wide range of administration, general support and analysis duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature. The position will have regular exposure to confidential material and requires a great deal of professionalism, discretion, and integrity in dealing with internal and external contacts
Location: Remote – USA *strong preference to those residing in the CST or EST time zones
- Anticipate the needs and use discretion when setting priorities to keep the leader updated and aware of meetings, agendas, travel, upcoming events, incoming emails and letters, situations relating to the administrative office, campuses, employees and visitors.
- Manages the leader’s calendar and contact database to schedule meetings, make travel arrangements (airline, car service, rental car, hotel, etc.), order office supplies/equipment, prepare expense statements, reserve and prepare facilities and catering.
- Act as a liaison between the leader and employees, clients and all external contacts, by utilizing good judgment in determining when to act independently and when to refer matters for further attention.
- Handle a wide variety of complex situations and time conflicts involving the business/administrative functions of the office and is responsible for confidential and time sensitive material on a regular basis.
- Prepare high level documentation and advanced correspondence for presentation to the Members of the Board and/or other senior leaders.
- Maintains accurate records and files; develops and maintains filing systems to include electronic and hard copy, computer diskette and network systems; ensures filings are in proper format and filed in a timely manner; supplies information upon request.
- Provide administrative support for other member(s) of the Leadership Team as assigned/directed by leader.
- Offer support and assistance to other departments and employees as needed for special projects and/or events.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required but may substitute a combination of education and experience.
- 5 years executive assistant experience.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other Microsoft applications; Meeting note taking.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to maintain composure when working under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion daily as well as when presented with confidential information.
- *Please include cover letter with your application*
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organization’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalem’s HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation.
Who We Are
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC) is an international medical school preparing physicians for careers in the United States, Canada, and worldwide. We believe that today’s complex healthcare landscape requires a different type of doctor, one who is globally minded and capable of working as part of a cohesive team to deliver empathetic, extraordinary care to diverse patient populations. AUC employs a U.S. model curriculum with two years of medical sciences taught at our St. Maarten campus, followed by two years of clinical sciences taught at affiliated hospitals in the United States and the United Kingdom. AUC is proud to have more than 7,500 alumni eligible for licensure in all 50 states and practicing medicine as chief residents, department chairs, program directors, researchers, entrepreneurs, and community advocates.
AUC’s mission is to train tomorrow’s physicians whose service to their communities and patients is enhanced by international learning experiences, a diverse learning community, and an emphasis on social accountability and engagement. Learn more about AUC, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.aucmed.edu.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don’t just welcome differences, we celebrate them. #WeAreAdtalem