Executive Assistant (Virtual)
At Otis, we turn aficionados into shareholders. We believe in transparency, liquidity, and trusting your own gut. We’re democratizing an otherwise closed market and making alternative assets accessible. Invest in the things that you value, and whose value you understand, for as little as $10 and build a portfolio better suited to a museum than a stock ticker.
We have a saying here: “we design our culture like we design the product.” Culture is the most important foundation for a successful company. A great culture provides the context for people to deliver their best work. Our goal is to find the fastest way to win. Our culture is designed to allow us to achieve this (read more).
Otis is looking for a brilliant, detail-oriented assisting powerhouse with the energy and focus to handle the demands supporting the CEO of a growing startup. The Executive Assistant will be supporting at a level that goes well beyond administrative calendar & email management, requires critical thinking and research skills, and that sixth sense of anticipating needs before they arise. This role will include managing the personal side of the CEO’s life, as well as professional, and needs exceedingly strong levels or organization.
What You’ll Do
- Organize and maintain complex calendar management, requiring frequent communication with both internal and external contacts: schedule meetings and conference calls, triage inbox, and remember logistics, such as booking conference rooms and adding guests to building security. Think ahead about specific needs of any event
- Research projects: from deep dives into investment assets to finding the best restaurant in town
- Problem solving & planning ahead
- Gatekeeping: handling sensitive information with the utmost discretion, and helping the CEO keep his focus directed towards high-level output
- Triage workflow: organize high priority tasks to less important tasks and bring urgent matters to attention. Assist colleagues with day-to-day troubleshooting and company logistical needs
- Arrange and maintain travel plans and itineraries for both international and domestic travel, handle expenses and basic bookkeeping, record meeting minutes when needed: be ready to wear a lot of hats!
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience supporting a C-Suite Executive, preferably in a startup environment
- Wants to work remote and PT (20-30 hours a week) but will need to be available 5 days a week
- Virtual Assisting experience
- Passionate about providing support to executives and going the extra mile
- Extreme proficiency in Google programs – Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.
- Utmost professionalism, savviness and awareness of business operations and priorities
- Proactive nature – you get things done and are always steps ahead with the ability to juggle several things at once
- Strong initiative, energy and confidence to complete projects with limited supervision
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and love getting into the details while delivering exceptional results on time
- Ability to adjust your plan and adapt when new ideas are raised or the schedule changes, resourceful
- High degree of tact, diplomacy, confidentiality and discretion.
- Outstanding organizational and follow-up skills, strong time-management abilities- emails / meetings cannot be missed!
- Create and master systems
- Experience with recruiting is a plus.
The First 90 Days:
You’ll hit the ground running, and we’ll get you up to speed on all the tools we use (Notion, Slack), as well as all SOPs in place. You will be onboarded by the current EA, as well as given preferences by your team to memorize.
Salary Range: $30-$50/hr (DOE)
Who You’ll Work With
- Michael Karnjanaprakorn (CEO) who was formerly the CEO/founder of Skillshare
- Tye Wang (Head of Engineering) who was a Lead Architect at Venmo
- Join our team with full flexibility of your own schedule.
- Get access to our internal company Slack
- Invited to special company events